What's your average weekly burn from exercise?

Options
Please include weight, height, how many hours (approx) you spend training/exercising, and whether you use MFP or HRM for calorie burn calculation.

Weight: 115
Height: 5'0
Hours x week: 7
Average Weekly Burn: 2055 (HRM)

I realize some people may have to give very rough estimates, but I'm interested all the same. Thanks!

Replies

• xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    C'mon now, someone besides me must find this question fascinating... anyone... ?
  • lsgordon02143
    lsgordon02143 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Weight - 157
    Height - 5'8.5"
    Hrs/Week - 7.5 (5 days @1.5 hrs mix of cardio, weights, stretching)
    Weekly Burn (per MFP) - 1600 or so

However, I might be under-informing MFP because I sometimes do a few more minutes and think that will account for any measurement errors the other direction in food etc. :) HTH!
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Weight: 108
    Height: 5'4"
    Calorie Burn: 2,906 weekly average (HRM)
    Hours per week: 6 hrs average of wide variety of exercises
  • awomaame25
    awomaame25 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    about 6000kcal.. i do about 2.5 to 3 hours of cardio n strength everyday except when it is dat tym of d month dats wen i get a break
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

Anybody else?
  • jradetsk
    jradetsk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    my average amount of calories i burn a week is 5200 acording to the logs on here for the past month. but this is my first full month back to working out again for a while. i used to do varsity sports in highschool and for a few years varsity track in college when until i was 20 but then dug deeper into my work and stopped workout now I am 25 now so its been 5 years and this is my first month back to the gym and still have the heart to workout like i used to but i definately feel weaker in stamina.

Its actually i feel a little to much because i am trying to keep my weight at 165 at 5 feet 8 inches because fortunately i am at my goal weight just trying to gain muscle and loose fat i payed when i started to get my fat tested at the gym and they say i am 18% bf which is 9% more then i was in college so no to bad but my biggest problem is i have to eat a hell of a lot to keep my self at 165. I am starting to feel heart burn quite often due to how much i am eating.

I 4 days a week play 2.5 hours of basketball full court games and 3 days a week lift and run a mile. I am actually starting to worry the amount of i like to play basketball and run is counter acting my lifting idk we will see in a few months how effective this really is. anyone have any recomendations on my diet on how i can get still gain muscle and loose fat when i burn this many calories. I feel like sometimes i am loosing muscle but maybe its just to early for me to tell.

I try to eat around 180 grams of protein a day and keep my saturated fats under 25 and my fiber above 25. Any other recomendations on what i should do?

I think some of you on here may have more experience burning that many calories then i do.

When i was younger in college i could live off of italian pastries and the amount i worked out i would still not gain a pound of anything other then muscle. But my bodies not the same its started to age and i accept my quality of my diet will at this age effect my performance in getting myself into shape at this age.

Thank You. the past few years have been stressful getting through college and finding a stable job so thats why i stopped working out and put my energy into that but now that i have found a great job and i am back to enjoying sports i really really miss the strength and stamina i used to have and look forward to getting somewhat if not fully back to it.