Need friends who have ED's or similar issues.

Options
Hi, I have horrible insomnia :D and have trouble with my ED from time-to-time. I have had EDNOS since I was 13, I'm 23 now. I'm restrictive but occasionally battle night eating, which I'm trying to curb. I've been posting statuses pretty frequently on here and support my MFP friends as much as I can. I would really like friends to talk to that might be going through ED stuff, too, so if you're interested or would like to add me, please do!

Replies

• Beckabirdy
    Options
    Me, I have a form of unsomnia I have two little kids on my own ! lol . struggle on and off with my ED but its not as extreem as it used to be as a teen. Im 24 and I stuggle with emotional eating and obsessing over food and weight .
  • jonmscharff
    jonmscharff Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have insomnia also, but you might want to be more specific when using the medical term ED. For men it means something else. Your post might take a different path if someone doesn't understand. Just a FYI.

Sorry don't have either ED so I can't be supportive there.
  • Puffingmuffin
    Puffingmuffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hun, I have insomnia too and slightly older than you. I used to have crazy binge eating habits. In Oct 2013, I gained 10 pounds in 3 weeks by eating like a crazy hog at night. Sweet pastries, tubs of ice cream, bread, milo chocolate powder and just too much sugar. My binge eating was fuelled by other emotions, but I shan't mention it. I have been binge eating for the past 10 years. I have since lost 8 out of 10 pounds through IF. IF really gives me better control of my diet. Initially it was tough as hell going 'hungry', even though I ate my daily calories. But as the nights passed, it got better. I'm going to do IF for 3 months and report my progress.
  • papetto
    papetto Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    LOL! I did not even think of that. I'm so used to using short hand for eating disorders as ED, but I forgot it means something else.