Is not vegetarian will certainly not fat?

Options

Replies

• moontyrant
    moontyrant Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing OP's first language is not English. Calm down guys; this is not a troll (I think).
  • nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Quit trolling the (probably) non-troll? lol

If you're asking whether eating vegetarian is a sure way to not be fat, the answer is NO. I was born and raised veg, but I'm 40lb overweight due both to my diet (not enough protein) and my lifestyle (pretty sedentary).

If you do veg "right", you'll be healthy, but I would argue that if you do any type of diet "right" you'd be healthy regardless.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    This one time, at band camp...
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Give the non-English speaker a break, he's trying.

Being a vegetarian does not guarantee weight loss. Many high-calorie foods are vegetarian, such as sodas and potato chips/crisps, and can cause weight gain if you eat them in excess. Meat can also be low calorie, depending on how you prepare it.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    If you eat more calories than you use, you will gain weight.

If you eat fewer calories than you use, you will lose weight.

Vegetables have fewer calories so you can eat more of them, but you also need a good source of protein and healthy fats, which can be difficult on a vegetarian diet.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian, but getting fat was and is and will always be very easy! Just need to find the right foods, lol!
    So count calories irrespective of vegetarian or not and you should be finr
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    confuzzled by the thread title.
  • monbjork
    Options
    You can definitely eat fatty foods as a vegetarian, good fats and bad. Good fats in nuts and certain kind of oils, but there's plenty of bad fats in all kinds of junk food that's meatless. Potato chips? Dip your veggies in ranch? Slap a ton of mayo on that sandwich? It's a silly myth (that I hope most people don't really believe) that vegetarians are skinny. I've been vegetarian for 5 years, vegan for one year, and here I am on My Fitness Pal trying to shed some pounds.
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    If you eat more calories than you use, you will gain weight.

If you eat fewer calories than you use, you will lose weight.

Vegetables have fewer calories so you can eat more of them, but you also need a good source of protein and healthy fats, which can be difficult on a vegetarian diet.

This^^, except that it is actually quite easy to eat plenty of protein and healthy fats with a veg diet... they come from plants and vegetables!
  • walkinthedogs
    walkinthedogs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I thought I was having a stroke when trying to read and understand this thread, especially when the first couple comments were agree's. WFT. Oh, never mind I don't even care. I'm going to go look for another thread that will actually keep me entertained.
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    My husband eats a vegetarian all the time.

winning
  • sailrunner
    sailrunner Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    thanks Elusive Pete and Momma for the LOL.
    Made my day!
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian eating is not fat? Or eat certain things will have more meat with the same consequences?
    george-clooney-descendants.gif
  • monbjork
    Options
    I thought I was having a stroke when trying to read and understand this thread, especially when the first couple comments were agree's. WFT. Oh, never mind I don't even care. I'm going to go look for another thread that will actually keep me entertained.

HAH :)
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Go back to school!
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian eating is not fat? Or eat certain things will have more meat with the same consequences?
    george-clooney-descendants.gif
    :laugh:
  • pusheen12
    pusheen12 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I don't get this?
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I support you in your endeavor whatever it is.

On a side note... it seemed like it would be amusing to hear Yoda recite the serenity prayer. I Googled for it, but no luck.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    80/10/10 for life yo