Exercise Balls

Options
They look so sweet and innocent in my apartment, but that Exercise Ball becomes an evil torture device in the hands of a personal trainer!!

OMG I hurt sooooooooooo much!! haha First time we've done core exercises, and it was my idea!! :-/ Owie

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I am sometimes tortured by exercise balls myself, but I've found that frequent showers and breathable shorts help quite a bit
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    They look so sweet and innocent in my apartment, but that Exercise Ball becomes an evil torture device in the hands of a personal trainer!!

OMG I hurt sooooooooooo much!! haha First time we've done core exercises, and it was my idea!! :-/ Owie

I love that pain torture device, its how I got this six pack
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I am sometimes tortured by exercise balls myself, but I've found that frequent showers and breathable shorts help quote a bit

Lmao
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    LOL! Been there done that.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

i see a phone in your hand in your profile pic? is the six pack in your wall pics?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

i see a phone in your hand in your profile pic? is the six pack in your wall pics?

Now I'm unsure whether I want this answered or the subway question on how one 6-inch 580cal sub from subway is your daily allowance.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Now I'm unsure whether I want this answered or the subway question on how one 6-inch 580cal sub from subway is your daily allowance.

that's probably the most confused I've gotten in such a short time period. I know about the other thread- but damn we took this one off the deep end quick!!!

Back on topic:
    I use the stability ball for a chair at work- I love them for stretching and using them for push ups- great stuff.
  • Bluizflame
    Bluizflame Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what the exercise is called my trainer had me do. Basically it was laying flat on my back w/ the ball between my legs and my arms streatched over my head. I had to lift my legs and arms to grab the ball with my hands...then lift them back up again to grab the ball with my legs. She had me do this in 3 reps of 12.

I also had a few other core exercises she had me do, but OMG i'm still hurting! It hurts (suppose it's a 'good' hurt) when i roll over in bed, or pretty much just move lol Guess that shows how much i don't use those muscles :-/ I want to do more core workouts, but right now it hurts!

How long does it usually take for muscles to "relax" and stop hurting?
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    In for the Subway six-pack.
    How long does it usually take for muscles to "relax" and stop hurting?
    In my case, when I get DOMS it's with me for 24-72 hours. YMMV on the time. It hurts more and longer when the movement is unfamiliar. I was surprised that weight lifting wasn't making me sore at all when I did it three times a week... but I took almost a month off for home remodeling and am sore all over after my first time back. There's no harm in working through normal soreness if you can, and a light workout may even provide some relief.
  • Peaches9598
    Options
    Hello, I don't have a Personal trainer, but I have an exercise ball. What are some go exercises I can do on my own for my core?