Christmas Motivation!!

Options
Hi! I was wondering if any of you had a goal weight you were working towards for Christmas day? I am going to try and drop another 2.5kg before then, through cutting out snacking and hitting the gym EVERY DAY! I am doing this because where I live it is summer, and Christmas for me involves bikinis and skinny relatives!!!
How about you? What are your reasons for wanting to loose/gain the weight if you do have a goal by Christmas?

Replies

• blueberrybelle21
    Options
    Hi again everybody! This is just me kind of 'bumping' the topic!! Thank you!!! xxx
  • JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Im all about loosing weight during Christmas time. The fact that I'm not really celebrating it with lots of family means its easier to do but in general I have quite good control over what I put in my mouth.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    My goal is just to try & NOT gain any weight. If I lose, well I'll be happy. Too hard for me. Lots of friends & family to catch up with which all is centred around eating.
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I would love to reach my goal weight by Christmas but since that's 10 pounds away and we only have 2 weeks, it's not going to happen. I'm not helping myself by getting off my plan for the past 4 days but I will get back on today.

I don't want Christmas day to come and see me feeling fat, bloated and miserable. I want to know I gave it 100% in the 2 weeks leading up to the big day.

Short term goals are great. Good luck reaching yours OP!
  • EvaStrange
    EvaStrange Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm really working towards a day three weeks from now – the day I turn thirty.

But there are a couple of reasons why I need/want to lose 2 or so more kg before Christmas, too.
    - I'm going to take part in a small, private running event with super-athletic people at the end of next week, and I don't want to be The Chubby Girl there.
    - While I myself do not think that I'm a better person because I weigh a few pounds less than another, I know that, for several reasons, it will irk my sister if I look great on Christmas, and I want that woman to suffer. :p
    - Also at the end of next week, I'm meeting somebody who I want to feel sorry when he sees what he is missing…
    (Oh, and we're going to a Haribo factory outlet and it would perhaps be a little embarrassing there if my jeans looked too tight on me. XD )

I would love to reach my goal weight by Christmas but since that's 10 pounds away and we only have 2 weeks, it's not going to happen.
    Ten pounds away, or maybe just five by Christmas Day, is such a great success, and I'm sure nobody will think, "Sure, she looks great, but I bet she has 5 more pounds to lose…" ;)
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options

- While I myself do not think that I'm a better person because I weigh a few pounds less than another, I know that, for several reasons, it will irk my sister if I look great on Christmas, and I want that woman to suffer. :p

Hey, gotta take your motivation where ever you find it. Sometimes, jealousy is a good thing, lol.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I'm really working towards a day three weeks from now – the day I turn thirty.

But there are a couple of reasons why I need/want to lose 2 or so more kg before Christmas, too.
    - I'm going to take part in a small, private running event with super-athletic people at the end of next week, and I don't want to be The Chubby Girl there.
    - Also at the end of next week, I'm meeting somebody who I want to feel sorry when he sees what he is missing…
    (Oh, and we're going to a Haribo factory outlet and it would perhaps be a little embarrassing there if my jeans looked too tight on me. XD )

I would love to reach my goal weight by Christmas but since that's 10 pounds away and we only have 2 weeks, it's not going to happen.
    Ten pounds away, or maybe just five by Christmas Day, is such a great success, and I'm sure nobody will think, "Sure, she looks great, but I bet she has 5 more pounds to lose…" ;)

You are so funny! Thank you for having the nerve to say what we all want to say. I looove your quirky honesty. Keep going. You can do it!
  • msmonique46
    msmonique46 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose 2 pounds by December 31st. The holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas) motivate me to workout harder and longer to burn more. I don't over eat on meal portions, but find myself snacking too much, especially at Halloween with all the chocolate candy. Managed to lose 1 pound during Thanksgiving because of additional workouts. Happy Holidays!!!!!
  • Choleracosmic
    Choleracosmic Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to lose weight over Christmas... Probably not the best time for it but I'm getting married in May and I really need to get in better shape! I have 9 kg to lose. Hopefully it shouldn't be too hard. I'll start to go swimming again and I cycle to work. I am thinking of starting again rope skipping, really worked well for me 5 years ago and helped me lose 20 kg. Do you have any tips to avoid the Christmas dinner temptation, chocolate and other alcoholic drink. I don't mind not eating them but Christmas is a very big social thing here in the UK, and I have to go to sooooo many Christmas dinner :(
  • msmonique46
    msmonique46 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I would skip the dinners. Remove yourself from the temptation. Alternative--if you have 4 invites,go to 2. Cut them in half and stay shorter time. Perhaps, have a healthy snack of fruit--apple, grapefruit, etc. before attending. Eat smaller portions at dinner and forego the alcohol for a sparking cider or flavored water. Just a few suggestions. Lastly, make sure you get in an extra 15 minutes or working out each day (squats, jogging in place, treadmill). You'd be surprise how the little extra adds up. Happy Holidays!!!
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 22-ish lb overall but I'm not denying myself christmas dinner! so hopefully I can still lose some by new year if I am strict the rest of the time
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    If I just stay away from the wine I should be good....................................

Said me never.
  • sreed016
    sreed016 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My motivation is my 45th bday coming up in January. I'd rather skip stuffing my face at Christmas in to get my hot bod back for my day :)
  • EvaStrange
    EvaStrange Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You are so funny! Thank you for having the nerve to say what we all want to say. I looove your quirky honesty. Keep going. You can do it!
    Aww, stop it! :3

(And so can you!)
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I will be eating and drinking everything in sight... not being at work means I'll also be more active and have a bit more time for exercise, but in general I will eat, drink and be merry.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I am tired of making goals and following my new lifestyle change and the scale just not budging no matter what I do :( Yes I lost a nice amount of weight but to be still no matter what for months and then see it go down only to see it come up again is just getting tiring to me :(((( WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WEIGHT GO AWAY ALREADY ! I have never seen my weight not budge for so long before , I know it slows down as we get older but but buttttttttttttt
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to lose weight over Christmas... Probably not the best time for it but I'm getting married in May and I really need to get in better shape! I have 9 kg to lose. Hopefully it shouldn't be too hard. I'll start to go swimming again and I cycle to work. I am thinking of starting again rope skipping, really worked well for me 5 years ago and helped me lose 20 kg. Do you have any tips to avoid the Christmas dinner temptation, chocolate and other alcoholic drink. I don't mind not eating them but Christmas is a very big social thing here in the UK, and I have to go to sooooo many Christmas dinner :(

I would eat before you go to any parties - pick on salad or veggies at the parties and drink seltzer with a splash of juice .
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was wondering if any of you had a goal weight you were working towards for Christmas day? I am going to try and drop another 2.5kg before then, through cutting out snacking and hitting the gym EVERY DAY! I am doing this because where I live it is summer, and Christmas for me involves bikinis and skinny relatives!!!
    How about you? What are your reasons for wanting to loose/gain the weight if you do have a goal by Christmas?

I live in the southern hemisphere too and feel the pain that is Holiday season during the summer! I MUCH prefer the northern winter holiday season - eating tonnes and covering it all up with chunky knit clothing and blankets - not having to wear lycra, sitting in the sun and going swimming!

As much as I would like to get the final 4kg off by the 25th, it is pretty unlikely. But I think maintaining my current measurements shouldn't be too difficult.

Aiming to feel comfortable in a Herve Leger dress on NYE.