Reducing Bloat Before a Vacation

Options
Hello all!!

I’m going on a cruise on January 17th (yay). I’ve lost 22 pounds to date and after finally breaking through a 3 week plateau am currently sitting at 5’3 121lbs, 23 yrs.

With 5 weeks left, and Christmas/New years conveniently planted in the middle. I plan to continue at a .5-1 lb loss per week until the end of December (plan on maintaining Christmas week)

However, Beginning in January (leaving me 2 weeks before the cruise) I plan to follow a relatively low-calorie diet for those two weeks so that I can lose some “extra” weight with full intention on gaining it all back on the cruise!! So yes, I want to pre-lose the pounds I plan on gaining because I want to indulge!

My question is: In those two weeks pre-vacation I was wondering if there are specific foods I could cut out or avoid to reduce bloat. I find that I puff up quite easily, and would like to start the cruise looking as lean as possible in a bathing suit.

I’ve heard that carbs, sugar etc.. make you bloat.. are there and foods I should/should not eat to help me accomplish this? Sort of like what fitness competitors do before a competition??

I know it seems incredibly conceited, but as a frequent beach vacationer, I’ve spent years and years getting home from vacation, uploading the photos from the trip, and just feeling disgusted as I look at photos of myself in a bathing suit. I want this to be the first vacation where I upload those pictures, and feel proud.

Any thoughts are welcome!

Replies

• lindsayforlife
    lindsayforlife Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    eliminate grains.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    eliminate grains.

I wouldn't worry about grains, i would drop net arbs to around 50g of less. When you lower carbs, your body will store less glycogen/water which will allow you to drop a few lbs quickly. The disadvantage, the moment you eat carbs again, you will gain all the weight back.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Cut back on sodium and drink a lot of water.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I am in the same position as you. I am going to Mexico around the same time. My plan is to reduce carbs, sodium etc... Good luck!
  • RosegoldSQUID
    Options
    Try a paleo regiment for those 2 weeks- lean meats, lots of veg, some fruit and nuts. Cutting the wheat and dairy works for me (not that I always eat this way, but in an ideal world).