How I lost 50+ in 7ish months (And still maintaining! )

Options
I posted this yesterday, but had horrible typos in my title and was very embarrassed. I thought I'd post it again. :)

I really wanted to post my story on here with all my progress pictures, but I don't have access to photobucket at work. All my pictures on my profile, so please feel free to look at them there.

I started my weight loss/journey to a new me back in May. I weighed in on May 7th at 188lbs. I knew if I didn't do something I was going to hit 200lbs. I'm almost 5'6" and 28 years old. I was so ashamed of myself. I barely had any clothes that fit. I stayed home on my weekends and just watched TV. Never did any working out. I actually ran into someone I knew when I was thin and hid from them because I was so embarrassed of how I looked. My high school reunion was approaching and one day something just snapped. I realized I didn't want to look or feel this way anymore. I took a hard look at my life and what I was doing and decided to make a change. From May 7th until today, December 11th, I have lost a total of 54.2lbs.

Here's what I did.

FOOD:
I STOPPED drinking soda. This was a huge deal to me as I drank multiple fountain sodas a day. I'd try to quit before, by reducing them amount I would drink, but this time I just stoppped. I QUIT eating chips, candy, and cookies. I have a desk job and would just sit at my desk and eat bags of chips, etc. I would eat when I was bored, depressed, just whenever, I STOPPED eating fast food. I would eat Rally's, McDonald's, Wendy's, Subway, etc for breakfast, lunch, dinner. Not every day or every meal, but too much. I STARTED drinking only water (some with Crystal light or MIO), STARTED packing my lunch, eating HEALTHY breakfasts, adding fruits, veggies, yogurt, nuts, etc as snacks instead of those bad things, and began to cut my portions for dinner.

WORK OUT:
I began running.Usually 6 days a week on my treadmill in the basement. Each week I would focus on doing another mile than the previous week. Never worried about speed, just miles. The weight starting coming off. I then decided to take a hug step and did a round of INSANITY. I was super scared and didn't know if I'd be able to do it, but I did and LOVED IT. I love Shaun T and all the Shaun Bots. I love how real they all are. The one complaint I had was the lack of modifications, but it's still doable. I finished the program and was pleased with the results (pics on my site). I plan to do another round in about a week. I ran my first 5K in 41 minutes and a month and a half later did a 10K in a little over an hour and eight minutes. I'm currently finishing up 30 Day Shred (not loving it, but oh well) and hope to one day take on P90X and T25 (love Beachbody).

I did it all through making smart food choices, eating healthy, but not clean, cutting my portions, drinking water, and being active! I eventually allowed myself cheat day and stopped being a strict as I had been. I began to understand that one bad choice or unhealthy meal wasn't going to make me put all the weight back on.

I went from a 14-16 in pants, to a 7 in Juniors (I'm probably an 8 in women's, but Juniors pants can be cheaper). I can also fit into a small top, where I used to have to wear L-XL. I have more energy and feel so much better about myself. I smile more, have better posture, and don't hide from people! It wasn't an easy. It still isn't. I'm working on possibly getting down to 130, but my goal is to stay between 130-140.

I currently weigh 134.6lbs. It flucuates, but I am okay with it. I still try to take progress pictures and remember that just because the scale is up, my single digit pants still fit. I owe a lot of my sucess to my friends here on MFP. I couldn't be happier.

Replies

• bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I love love love this post!!!! I am SO very proud of you!!!!
  • jlturner386
    jlturner386 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!! Thanks for the motivation :)
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Thanks for sharing your you achieved your success. Hope you continue to be successful on your journey.:smile:
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    congrats
  • jennnymccarthy
    jennnymccarthy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Your story is so inspiring -- thank you for sharing it -- and CONGRATS on all your hard work! You look amazing. I can't wait for the day when I feel like a healthier me :)
  • CulturedCowgurl
    CulturedCowgurl Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    AWESOME AWESOME JOB....Thanks for sharing
  • FatMommaMel
    FatMommaMel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!! You look fantastic! Thanks for some inspiration!
  • userh6478
    userh6478 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just have to say I appreciate you actually telling us how you did it, I have read some of the success stories, the ones with the pictures but I haven't read how they did it, but I only been on this site for few minutes, Maybe i need to look around more..But thank you..
  • littlegem65
    littlegem65 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Excellent "how-to" list! Fabulous job! You have done so well! :)
  • prettykitty01
    prettykitty01 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Very great and REAL post! Thanks for the specific info!
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Wowhooo good for you, keep up the awesome work :) congrats :)
  • Lillyloooo
    Lillyloooo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    ????????????????
  • LuvonLuv
    Options
    That's so great...I'm so proud of you. Thanks for the methodology...I was getting impatient with trying to lose an extra 10 pounds but I guess I cannot rush it....and I think I'm sorta on the right track then in light of your post. Thanks again!
  • GreekAmericanChrissy
    Options
    woot wot
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!