What workout DVD's do you like?

Options
2»

Replies

• ANewNorene
    ANewNorene Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba total fitness too! Cardio Party is my favorite. I dont think the dance moves are hard. I would consider them moderate. I tried the Billy Blanks CD last month, and immediately got mad, looked at my clock which read 5:30am and considered going back to bed because it was too early for that " Im acting like I'm in the Army bootcamp" foolishness :laugh: maybe I will have to try that one in the afternoon.

I want to try Jillians 30 lb shred next. Im in Ohio, its about to be winter and going to the gym early, when its cold is not fun :frown:
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    OK lets see in order I have done:

Billy Blanks Tae Bo and Tae Bo Boot Camp (these were pretty good and got decent results)

P90X (started getting results but then had to stop due to knee and back pain)

Slim in 6 (got good results from this one surprisingly)

Ten Minute Trainer (great work out for when you are short on time)

ChaLEAN Extreme (was very impressed with this program - got great results)

P90X (yeah baby actually finished it this time. Killer program)

Insanity (2 work outs left until I finish it, but this is the hardest work out program I have ever done)

Hope this helps,
    Stu
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I love workout dvd's but I get bored easily. So I'm a huge fan of the fact that Netflix has TONS of workout videos from 15 mins to an hour + long on their instant queue! I can switch it up daily, or mid routine, or whenever! And they have all different types (pilates, yoga, dance, abs, weight, cardio) and difficulties!
  • tondalea
    tondalea Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire is my favorite right now. I love walk away the pounds. Actually did it this morning for my recovery week. I have 30 day shred and boost metabolism but they are collecting dust. There is something about Jillian that does not motivate me. I do have a cardio program by Bob that is great though. Although I havent done it in forever. Also P90X, I love Plyometrics!! I love Zumba classes and will be ordering the at home videos soon. Hope they are as good.
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Haha!

Well you can never go wrong with Beachbody products. But I also love Jillian Michaels dvds, Biggest Loser, and some of the Billy Blanks dvds (I've only done of couple)

They're all pretty easy to follow.

What kind of dvds do you like?

I just bought INSANITY--its on its way so I'll let you know--- but other than that DITTO!!! :D

i just started insanity its hard as hell but i like it :) 4 days down and 5 pounds lost for the week :)
  • mkcole
    mkcole Posts: 46
    Options
    LOVE the beachbody dvds, I do power 90.

the 30 day shred is pretty good too.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    P90X & Insanity
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I love workout dvd's but I get bored easily. So I'm a huge fan of the fact that Netflix has TONS of workout videos from 15 mins to an hour + long on their instant queue! I can switch it up daily, or mid routine, or whenever! And they have all different types (pilates, yoga, dance, abs, weight, cardio) and difficulties!

Oh I'm a netflix subscriber and get it on WII! I will have to check this out.

Thanks!
  • katerinab
    Options
    I'm a Leslie Sansone girl, too. I like her newer videos - she's been putting some real people in there. Real people who are big and who sweat and who actually look tired at the end of it. The original WATP ones annoy because everyone's skinny, everyone has their big ol' stage smile on even at the end of a long workout, and there's not a drop of sweat to be found. Ick. My current favorite is Leslie Sansone: 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk.

Are there any other videos similar to Leslie's stuff? I have bad knees and a bad back and virtually no upper arm strength (I'm working on it, but it'll be awhile) and I'm still over 250lbs so I can't do a lot of those moves in the other videos. I lasted through about 30 seconds of Jillian's shred and still felt it in my legs two days later - I'm a weakling i guess LOL
  • katerinab
    Options

A lot of cable carriers have a bunch of goodies in their On Demand sections, too - comcast has PAGES of choices.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options

Oh I'm a netflix subscriber and get it on WII! I will have to check this out.

Thanks!

Oh yeah- I have a roku box to watch netflix streaming. There are some great choices. I like the 10 minute solution videos. There is one called carb burner something that is really great. :)
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm a Leslie Sansone girl, too. I like her newer videos - she's been putting some real people in there. Real people who are big and who sweat and who actually look tired at the end of it. The original WATP ones annoy because everyone's skinny, everyone has their big ol' stage smile on even at the end of a long workout, and there's not a drop of sweat to be found. Ick. My current favorite is Leslie Sansone: 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk.

Are there any other videos similar to Leslie's stuff? I have bad knees and a bad back and virtually no upper arm strength (I'm working on it, but it'll be awhile) and I'm still over 250lbs so I can't do a lot of those moves in the other videos. I lasted through about 30 seconds of Jillian's shred and still felt it in my legs two days later - I'm a weakling i guess LOL

Oh I should check out the new videos because I totally agree with the older ones and the skinny girls with there makeup all done right! :laugh:
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire = FAVORITE. ChaLEAN Extreme, too.