Need restaurant and meal advice

Options
We are about to go to lunch and we have almost any restaurant you could name,I'm sick of subway,had it for breakfast,and have it all the time.where and what can I eat and stay around 500 calories,but I'm talkin something good,don't want no salad or chicken breast,kinda like a cheat meal but not really????

Any help would be greatly appreciated:smile:

Replies

• jhandley
    jhandley Posts: 118
    Options
    a great place to look is dottie's weight loss zone.....google that and it will come up and hit her restaurant link - darn near EVERY restaurant imagineable!
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    Cool thanks a bunch!
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Chipotle- If you have hard tacos instead of a burrito you can usually get in the 4-600 range.

http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Suuuuuuushi...if you like that kinda thing. :wink:
  • joan41
    joan41 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    taco bell has a GREAT Fresco Ranchero soft chicken taco, I think it is only 170 calories, and 4 grams of fat! It's GREAT!
  • sziemba1
    Options
    I have lost 60 lbs in 4 months and I eat out a lot ( 2-3 times a week). Most restaurants have a heart smart selection and those are usually items around 500 to 550 calories. Avoid anything made with flour, potatoes, sugar, or rice. Go for the green -- meaning non-starch vegetables. Chicken or fish grilled, baked, or broiled. Lean red meats are good too like a nice steak but on the smaller portion size.Sides like cottage cheese, sliced tomatoes, green beans, sauteed mushrroms, etc, are all excellent choices. Why not breakfast for dinner? 3 egg white veggies and cheese omelette with a side of sliced tomatoes or fresh fruit is a great choice. Don;t be afraid to tell the server exactly what you want instead of reading it off the menu. Most restaurant will accommodate substitution for diet restricted customers. I've done it a million times. Good luck!
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    Big help,thanks to you all!!!:flowerforyou:
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Mmmm... I'm a huge Panera fan! And I love that beside each item on their menu they list the calories for you to see! Just about any fast food place has some good choices, look up the nutrition before you go so you are prepared in what you can have and will have.
  • JillTwiss
    JillTwiss Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Red Robin's website is awesome. You can enter any food item, customize it, and it will add and subtract data as necessary. You can try different breads, cheese, etc.