IIFYM Friends?

Options
Just started looking into IIFYM. Did the research already but still a bit skeptical. Anyone have any success with this and if so, willing to add me for support/questions?

I'm 5'6 and 155 looking to lose 10-20 more, just really trying to lean out and keep the muscle I've been building the last few years.

Thanks in advance for any help and feel free to add me!

Replies

• shedenhelm
    Options
    I'm 5'6 154 with a one and two year old and was able to lose with MFP. I would like to be in the 136s so still away to go but I like the app and this is my first time in my life I have put myself on somewhat of a diet
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I love the principles of iifym. So far, so good! :D
  • unFATuated
    unFATuated Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I've been doing IIFYM for a few months (though the last one hasn't been great as I've been unwell), but generally I love it. It has taken some trial and error for me to get my macro targets just right but I think I have got it now. I'm not a 'clean eater', though you can eat clean, unprocessed foods and follow IIFYM if that's the way you like things. I no longer feel guilt if I feel like 'junk' food, I just work it into my macros. It does require super-accurate logging though, something I learned quickly.
  • Kate814
    Kate814 Posts: 145
    Options
    I've follow IIFYM and have had success... It can be complicated when you first start to hit them right, but it can be a great plan to follow
  • LoveJaded2
    LoveJaded2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting into IIFYM myself, but from the progess I've seen - from friend who're religiously scaling out their meals, doing meal prep, and hitting the gym on schedule... Their results are amazing!

IIFYM is my new meal plan - I've been clean eating 80% of the time throughout 2013 & dropped 20lbs since my HW.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Just started looking into IIFYM. Did the research already but still a bit skeptical. Anyone have any success with this and if so, willing to add me for support/questions?

I'm 5'6 and 155 looking to lose 10-20 more, just really trying to lean out and keep the muscle I've been building the last few years.

Skeptical of what? IIFYM is a philosophy, not a diet.
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Daniloveshockey94 Posts: 348 Member
    Options

Skeptical of what? IIFYM is a philosophy, not a diet.
    ^THIS!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    i do iifym.....

been working with a coach for the past 14 weeks, been growing muscle and increasing macros like a mad woman. now doing a mini cut, getting a better idea of whats underneath then will start adding macros (and muscle) again before competing next year.