Replies

• mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Then eat some chocolate.
  • JessyLovesJCS
    JessyLovesJCS Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Have you see Trim Healthy Mama? They make 'skinny chocolate' with 1/2 c coconut oil and 1/4 c powdered cocoa with Stevia to taste then spend thin on dish or in mold and put in fridge to harden. I've never made it...and it still has calories, but it's supposed to be a good alternative for cravings (in THM circles).
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    How much room do you have left? Dark Chocolate is Ok if you don't over-do it.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Not to get "all up in your business" , but since you did kinda ASK : )

Have some chocolate. Every day if you want. I do. I have it every day therefore I don't CRAVE it and I don't go all crazy with it. I've switched to dark chocolate. I buy the Dark Hershey Bliss or Dark Dove single squares. I keep them in a cookie jar. I have a 1, 2 or sometimes 4 a day. I have done that for 2 years.

NOW. Here is the "getting all up in your business" part. I read your profile and I peeked at your diary for the past few days.

If you are eating that little - not just calories - but volume and food that could truly fill and satisfy: no wonder you are hungry. No wonder you are "craving" food - and right now it's chocolate.

Truly. One must eat in order to lose fat and SUSTAIN those lifestyle habits that will get you to your version of SLEEK - for LIFE. I see that you've done what I certainly did for years Lose. Gain. Lose. Gain. I"m DONE with that. Took me a while to get it - but I"m working on LIFE, not a DIET. I'm not saying EAT ALL THE FOODS and eat with abandon. I'm saying EAT. Eat at a modest caloric deficit and find activity that you love. Ideally exercise that will aid you in body recomposition and makes you energized and totally BAMtastic !

Good luck! Enjoy some chocolate.

Jen
  • shred_me_up
    shred_me_up Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    mix some sugar free coco powder and stevia in a bowl of greek yoghurt, always does it for me!
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    I got sent 116 bars of chocolate in the mail the other day...talk about temptation I'm a chocoholic so that was just pure evil for me to resist it!!! Have some in moderation and you will be fine chocolate is yummy!

chocolate.gif

:bigsmile:
  • EnjoyYourJourney
    EnjoyYourJourney Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If I want chocolate, I eat chocolate, however I don't binge - you have to learn how to eat your treats responsibly. If I denied myself the odd treat I would probably end up binging
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Your diary says you have almost 500 calories left. If you've hit your protein and fat macros, eat ALL the chocolate!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    Have some chocolate. BUT set the stage, take out the amount that fits within your cals. Remove yourself from what ever is stressing you out. Put on your favorite relaxing music and take time for you and the chocolate.

I eat chocolate almost everyday, and I have wine several days a week. Just have to work it into your cals. I also make it fit my macros. Both are healthy and I feel like I am treating myself when I do have them. I never feel deprived.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    OMG...I've had such a stressful day. All I want to do is binge on chocolate. UGH...I had such a good calorie day!

If you still have some calories left, try making something with cocoa powder to help satisfy. Sometime I mix cocoa powder and peanut butter in oatmeal and it works (sometimes). Do you trust yourself to have just a bit of chocolate? Or what about some sugar free hot chocolate (if you do substitutes)?
  • euonymust
    Options
    "Chocolate comes from cocoa which comes out of a tree. That makes it a plant. Therefore, chocolate counts as salad. The end." :flowerforyou:
  • Fridaklo77
    Options
    I have been taking a quick bite and dumping the rest! LOL ..
  • Fridaklo77
    Options
    "Chocolate comes from cocoa which comes out of a tree. That makes it a plant. Therefore, chocolate counts as salad. The end." :flowerforyou:

Now thats an optomist!
  • HAHAalex
    HAHAalex Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Look at some of the recipes from this website, several low calorie options: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/
  • Krisydee103
    Krisydee103 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Food is like a drug addicting. Once you have a craving, stop what you're doing and concentrate on your breathing. A craving should only last you about 10 mins or less. This is the trap that has you going back up in weight? Remember? That's why you're here :) Just relax, throw away all junk in the house and BREATH. It took e a week to detox from sugar. I had anxiety, headaches, my stomach hurt. But you have to remember. This is a battle you are fighting within your body. Don't let it win like it has in the past. Sometimes
    I have to be reminded of this to. You're better than this "craving" that has you defeated once you cave in. One the urge is over and you wake up knowing you didn't cave in, you will be so proud of yourself and that feeling of conquering your cravings will be more rewarding than any piece of chocolate you putt in your mouth :)
  • One_Fur_luck
    Options
    Food is like a drug addicting. Once you have a craving, stop what you're doing and concentrate on your breathing. A craving should only last you about 10 mins or less. This is the trap that has you going back up in weight? Remember? That's why you're here :) Just relax, throw away all junk in the house and BREATH. It took e a week to detox from sugar. I had anxiety, headaches, my stomach hurt. But you have to remember. This is a battle you are fighting within your body. Don't let it win like it has in the past. Sometimes
    I have to be reminded of this to. You're better than this "craving" that has you defeated once you cave in. One the urge is over and you wake up knowing you didn't cave in, you will be so proud of yourself and that feeling of conquering your cravings will be more rewarding than any piece of chocolate you putt in your mouth :)
    Wow
  • ElectroJay
    ElectroJay Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Looks like you add coffee creamers at least once per day at 140 cals a pop. Some days, 280 calories just for creaming your coffee.

I love coffee cream but I cut it out of my diet. The result is being able to eat at least 9 squares of Lindt chocolate per day. Sweet deal, isn't it?
  • Krisydee103
    Krisydee103 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Did this comment offend you?
  • daniellabella986
    daniellabella986 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    One square of dark chocolate is ok! Don't deprive yourself otherwise you'll be more tempted next week to really binge on all the chocolate you missed out on. One ounce or square of a good quality dark chocolate is perfectly fine. You can't stay away from it for life, don't stress about it or feel guilty and get rid of the craving. Good luck!
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    I like to have the little individually wrapped squares of dark chocolate around for when I have a craving. I find one (okay, sometimes two) will completely satisfy me. I've gotten to the point where I can actually buy a bar and just break off a square (or two) without scarfing down the entire thing. I love the fancy flavors like cinnamon and chili...but those bars are expensive. If I am going to spend $6 on a chocolate bar, I'm gong to make it last.