Secret Santa!

Options
haroon_awan
haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
What gifts have you gotten over the years?

I got a book on cokcney rhyming slang last year :D

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    At my work we each buy a gift and put it under the tree, then we draw numbers and take turns grabbing a gift from under the tree or stealing someone else's gift. I have gotten a bottle of rye, lottery tickets, a Snuggie and a chip and dip set.
  • haroon_awan
    Options
    Bump? I need some ideas :(
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    mainly beauty products for the girls and male smellies for the guys...everyone smells after all lol
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    A Chuck Norris book.
    Coffee Gift Cards
    Book Gift Cards
    Magnets with "funny" sayings.
    Chocolate
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Got: Christmas decor items, coffee, wine, gift cards, candy.
    Gave: Gift cards, wine, olive oil, candy, toys for the kids.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Depends on the person. This year I received tea and a travel tea infuser. I thought that was a great gift! I've also given specialty teas in previous years. Wine is usually a good option. I think one year I received a hideous scarf... My family does secret santa (well, secret Hanukah...) so it's always easier when you know the person. I think once year I gave a kettle to my cousin who had just moved into a new apartment... Starbucks has great gift boxes, so that's gender neutral...

I would stay away from things like beauty products, unless you know what that person uses or if they have any allergies. I received a large gift basket one year for my birthday with a whole bunch of smelly soaps. That's like giving me a migraine in a basket...
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I usually by a coffee or alcoholic gift set...very popular at my work
  • haroon_awan
    Options
    Good ideas so far, bumping.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Bumping this as I have to get a Secret Santa for a male co-worker. He's been saying for a couple of months he's going to stop smoking. So I was going to get him an E-cig. Lame I know, but it's currently the best idea I've got... Oh! value of the gift should be around a fiver. As obviously we're all skinflints in my office :bigsmile: