Does anyone watch Glee?

Options
So I was catching up on my Glee episodes and one of the characters was talking about what he does to stay "ripped"/in shape. His list was chicken, egg whites, fish (NOT SALMON), brown rice but not after 6, no pop etc.... I was wondering why no salmon? Anyone see that episode (Halloween) or know what is wrong with salmon? I love Salmon :cry:

Replies

• SharonsJetSet
    Options
    I heard Salmon was fine. Maybe because its one of the fish that's higher in fat? But its Omega 3 hmmmm I dunno about that. I'm still going to be eating salmon
  • foxylady8098
    Options
    Lots of Mercury!!!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it was a joke :)

Charmagne
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Not sure but it is much higher in cals, then say, tuna...My 8 oz tuna has 240 cals compared to my 4 oz salmon which has 250.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Don't know what his specific reason for not eating salmon. It's a great protein. You just have to be careful where you get it from though.
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    i love that show!
    wouldn't listen to it's health tips though, it's geared to be toward the silly. (that episode anyway:laugh: )
  • rpbabs
    rpbabs Posts: 16
    Options
    Maybe because it is more expensive than other fish (e.g., tuna, mahi mahi).
  • DancingDreamer
    Options
    i LOVE glee and they touch on a lot of issues that modern teenagers face and i personally think that this new character (i am having the hardest time remembering his name between shows! XD) has a disorder called body dismorphia (did you notice that he's GORGEOUS and ripped, yet he thinks he's fat. THAT is body dismorphia) i really hope they touch on that. because while they made it funny ("damn you cool ranch doritos!" made me laugh my *kitten* off! XD) its not healthy to think like he does. though i will say the salmon thing confused me. maybe he just thinks its gross?
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    It's one of the fishes highest in fat, so that's probably why. No reason to cut it out of your diet if you like it though, like everything you should have it in moderation only.
  • suzi67
    suzi67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I think it was a food preference thing, that's all.
  • elyse0210
    elyse0210 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I love Glee. Hmm no Salmon? I always eat salmon.
  • krisdw
    krisdw Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Lots of Mercury!!!

It does have some, but it's lowest on the scale of mercury. They say tuna is actually the highest.

Anyways, yeah salmon is really good for you.. wouldn't give it too much thought. I noticed it too when he said that, but I thought maybe it was because most people don't like the taste of salmon.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    And it's supposed to be a diet by an almost-anorexic teenage boy ... I love Glee, but Chord Overstreet's character is kind of like the girl in Never Been Kissed who says "nothing but water and ExLax til prom"
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,637 Member
    Options
    Gleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Chord's character's name is Sam Evans and I noticed the salmon thing too. I figured it was because of the fat.
  • Leela30
    Leela30 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    <3 Glee
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Downloading Glee music weekly is a guilty pleasure.

They have an Xmas CD coming out.