Do you ever buy too small clothes for motivation?

Options
2»

Replies

• susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I did. I bought a pair of RL beige jeans that fit and said what the heck, I will buy a size down. Now they are loose on me. Yeah! It's okay with me! I had a friend today ask me if I squeezed into the corderoys I was wearing for the first time in a while. I was actually flattered, said I was working on loosing and I am wearing clothes that wouldn't button last winter. Glad I didn't get rid of them
  • mfleeg
    mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I do this, but with thrift shopping. :)

I have a loft pencil skirt from Goodwill that I am slowly working myself into! :)
  • lola0003
    Options
    I bought a size 8 (UK) jeans from river island and they cost me like 40 pound so now I know I have no choice but to fit in them one day because 40 pound is a lot of money to me xx ooohhh and there so nice too
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    yes I have! I also have a red and black dress that I wore a long long time ago that I have kept. It's my motivation to get back into it. It's a 10 and I'm in a 12 or 14 dress right now. 2 years ago when I started I was in a 22/24. So maybe someday soon I'll be able to wear it again. Or if not wear it at least know I did it!
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    No, I buy clothes that fit. I do sometimes try on things from a few years back to make sure they fit correctly. I have seen too many people with a closet full of clothes they can't wear, and I am very much not a "stuff" person, so that doesn't work for me.
  • AmandaCherise
    AmandaCherise Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of Miss Me jeans 2 sizes smaller (a friggin' $100 pair of jeans) because I've always wanted a pair, but wasn't confident enough to wear them at my current weight. They're hanging on my closet door so every day when I go to dress myself, I see them and it reminds me of where I want to be. It's a great motivator :]
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I have 5 pairs of new jeans just waiting to be worn and been stuck in a stall over 2 months so by the time they fit comfy, IT WILL BE SUMMER AT THIS RATE and they are heavy jeans :( and frankly if Ithey will be swimming on me come summer time I will be happier than if they were to fit comfy on me lololol
  • maostrom
    maostrom Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've only just bought one piece last week in one size too small for me, it's the first time I've done something like this because I've had friends that used to buy clothes several sizes too small in hopes of one day fitting into them but never reached their goals and it scared me off for ages. I have faith in myself for this one dress though, it might take me 5 months or more lol
  • focuseddiva
    focuseddiva Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    On Halloween, I purposefully wore jeans that used to fit and no longer do. I stuffed myself into them and could barely breathe -- as a reminder to not eat candy that my kids brought home that night. It worked!
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    On Halloween, I purposefully wore jeans that used to fit and no longer do. I stuffed myself into them and could barely breathe -- as a reminder to not eat candy that my kids brought home that night. It worked!

I love this! :laugh: