HELP!! I need Chocolate!

Options
13»

Replies

• kristen49233
    kristen49233 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I eat a square of dark chocolate almost every night!!

think it's the time of year tho...I've been craving some sweets myself lately!!
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Can't help ya there. I bought some Ho-Hos yesterday in a weak moment.

Try a small square of bitter sweet chocolate. It's very rich, low calorie, high in antioxidants, Maybe that will help!
  • stephaniemarie416
    stephaniemarie416 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I agree that it has something to do with the "time of year". Ever since Thanksgiving ( I may have binged on the desserts a bit too much...) I've been craving sweets (especially baked goods) so badly. It's awful! I've been trying so hard to not give in to my cravings but its not easy. Especially because at the gymnastics gym I coach at, people bring in birthday/holiday treats almost every day. Not to mention holiday/seasonal treats and Christmas cookies are EVERYWHERE.
    I'd say go for a small portion of dark chocolate when you're really craving it..within reason of course. I think deprivation only causes an eventual binge for a lot of people. RE: my Thanksgiving dessert binge after 3 weeks of no sweets LOL!
  • Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Thank you all so much for all the help! I am happy to report that I did not cave into the craving. I have taken all the junk food out of the house, but that is because I can't afford it! Times are tough, but seems to be helping with the eating since I can't afford it. I just tell myself I don't need it. I haven't been able to get on in a couple of days and when I saw all this support, it really made me want to get back on track. Thank you all so much! You have no idea how much this means!
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I just ate mine :tongue:
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    "Chocolate comes from cocoa which comes out of a tree. That makes it a plant. Therefore, chocolate counts as salad. The end." :flowerforyou:

I love the way you think :drinker:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is good for the soul. Have a little each day, just remember to save some for tomorrow!
  • AproMunro
    Options
    Why can't you have chocolate? Do you only like milk chocolate? Or do you mean that you are craving, like chocolate ice cream or brownies or something? I ALWAYS have chocolate. I have a square or two... or three hehe a day. Quality dark chocolate is healthy to have a small amount each day. Absolutely not one single thing wrong with it. If you eat too much then you are overdoing it with the caffeine that is in it, and if you eat a whole lot you are having too much sugar and fat, but dark chocolate is low sugar so a few squares are not going to harm you at all! I even let myself have a square or two of more sugary milk chocolate from time to time (not Hershey's or crap like that but good quality real milk chocolate). But I keep to the Dark about 95% of the time. It can even help you lose weight to have a small amount of dark chocolate a day. It can be your BEST friend! For goodness sakes don't torture yourself! If you love it so much then embrace it as part of a healthy lifestyle!
  • AproMunro
    Options
    "Chocolate comes from cocoa which comes out of a tree. That makes it a plant. Therefore, chocolate counts as salad. The end." :flowerforyou:

Well, by that logic sugar is a salad :P
  • Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Why can't you have chocolate? Do you only like milk chocolate? Or do you mean that you are craving, like chocolate ice cream or brownies or something? I ALWAYS have chocolate. I have a square or two... or three hehe a day. Quality dark chocolate is healthy to have a small amount each day. Absolutely not one single thing wrong with it. If you eat too much then you are overdoing it with the caffeine that is in it, and if you eat a whole lot you are having too much sugar and fat, but dark chocolate is low sugar so a few squares are not going to harm you at all! I even let myself have a square or two of more sugary milk chocolate from time to time (not Hershey's or crap like that but good quality real milk chocolate). But I keep to the Dark about 95% of the time. It can even help you lose weight to have a small amount of dark chocolate a day. It can be your BEST friend! For goodness sakes don't torture yourself! If you love it so much then embrace it as part of a healthy lifestyle!

I do not like dark chocolate and when I say I want chocolate...I want the whole bag/giant bar. I don't want to stop and if I start eating it, I can't stop. I don't realize how much I have eaten until it's gone. Just my weakness. So that is why I don't keep it around.
  • camatthews23
    camatthews23 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try a Kellogg's chocolate protein shake. It's 190 calories and has 10 grams of protein to fill you up. I use it as a Neal replacement when I crave chocolate, and it taste really good cold.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    OMG...I've had such a stressful day. All I want to do is binge on chocolate. UGH...I had such a good calorie day!

Nature Valley Dark Chocolate Granola Thins....they are yummy and have only 80 calories per square.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

I do not like dark chocolate and when I say I want chocolate...I want the whole bag/giant bar. I don't want to stop and if I start eating it, I can't stop. I don't realize how much I have eaten until it's gone. Just my weakness. So that is why I don't keep it around.

I'm going to say this and it will probably get me a strike, but we all know chocolate is an aphrodisiac. Many times when I just want to eat and eat it's a lot more than food I'm craving. Maybe what Mama needs is a little time to herself if you get my meaning. :devil: :wink: :blushing: Sometimes thats a better stress reliever than any old chocolate bar.

See you posted a few days ago hope you are feeling better.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Think of willpower as a muscle. The more you use it, the stronger it gets. If you want chocolate, teach yourself how to stop from overindulging. It's not easy, but you can do it. The only reason you can't is because you tell yourself you can't.

http://body-improvements.com/2013/05/24/undiet-your-diet/

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1105036-article-on-flexible-dieting-by-armi-legge?page=1#posts-17068746
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    have a piece of chocolate then ...