Ripped in 30 results (pics welcome!)

Options
alycat1990
alycat1990 Posts: 88 Member
Hey guys! I just started my second day of Ripped in 30 by Jillian Michaels. From what I understand its similar to 30 day shred. I am not doing the meal plan - just doing the workouts along with my routine at the gym, using MFP for tracking foods, and riding my bike recreationally :)

I see lots of pictures and awesome results from 30 day shred but not much from ripped in 30... I would LOVEEEE to see results - haha it will give me something to look forward to!!!

Also - for those that have had results,did you follow her specific meal plan? or just clean eating with MFP?

Replies

• reach4thestar
    reach4thestar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Bump.....I too started with ripped in 30 ...from today.....when I did 30 day shred....I had couple of people for motivation..this time I feel alone....is anyone else started doing ripped in 30 recently? We could motivate each other.....please pour in your experience.....
    Alycat1990 can I friend you if you don't mind? :smile:
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i didn't take pics when i did rin30 or 30ds.. now i know better,lol i did lose no weight with both of them only inches. I never lost amazing amount of inches either each time i did it ( both twice) but i did lose some. I thought i was going to get amazing results like so many others but never did. i never did the eating plan, i just tried to eat as healthy as i could and stick to my cals. the 1st 2 times i did 1200 cals and ate back exercise cals then the last 2 times i was eating 1400 cals plus exercise cals. my results were the same.
  • KatieBee8
    KatieBee8 Posts: 61
    Options
    I would be interested to see results from RI30 too. I'm on day 3 at the moment. I took pictures with 30DS and was really pleased with the results so here's hoping it will be the same for RI30 :happy:
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    I have a week left to do in ripped in 30 so I will take my after photos then but not sure if ill be brave enough to post them here. It is taking me ages to get through it because I went away on holidays and then i hurt my knee so I have had lots of days where I didn't do it. I don't know if that will impact on my results but I have lost an inch from my waist since I started - which is huge for me because my waist is very stubborn about getting smaller! Im not doing the meal plan either, im eating 1500 calories per day plus exercise calories.
  • nboks
    nboks Posts: 41
    Options
    wow thats a good coincidence i just finished 19th day of 30 DS but i tried Day 1 of Ripped in 30 as my secondary workout for today. It does look similar to 30DS 1st level with some bit of changes. I like them both!

However, if i finished Level 3 of 30DS and moved on to Ripped in 30 would that be like going down in difficulty level? Is that advisable or should i move on to more difficult stuff like Insanity or P90X?
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    I know its different for everyone but I found ripped to be much harder than 30DS. I occasionally do level on of 30DS now and I find it really easy in comparison. Although level one of ripped might feel easier than level 3 of 30DS.
  • rlbroad
    rlbroad Posts: 8
    Options
    Hey all,
    I started 30ds and I am on level two still. I have seen results (inches) but no substantial weight loss. Where can I find the meal plan? I have been eating healthy and just following my calorie intake. But I would like to see some results on the weight end too. Perhaps her meal plan would help with this? I also do about 30 minutes of cardio every morning just to add to my exercise. I bought ripped in 30 so i hope to see some posts about it and maybe some success stories.
  • alycat1990
    alycat1990 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    hey guys!!!! Thanks for posting in the thread - add me as a friend if you wish and we will stay in contact about results!!! Hopefully RI30 is as promising as 30DS!
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I just started this today. I love it! A lot more fun than 30 DS.
  • reach4thestar
    reach4thestar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Am on day 3 of RI 30.....its hard..have heard week 2 and 3 are harder :( week 1 feels a bit simpler than level 3 of 30DS...
  • surpanakha
    surpanakha Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just finished Ripped in 30. Over all, I lost 8 lbs with this workout. Though I was not measuring inches, a lot of my clothes were looser. There was this one top I bought which I was not able to wear because it showed all my flabs and back fat, but now, I can wear it without any of those things showing, and even with an undershirt.

I'm really happy with my results. I also cleaned up my diet, avoided colored drinks, and ate at around 1200 calories a day without eating back the exercise calories.

I did the 30 day shred before and I can say that I liked this one better. There are less chances for burn out, because in Ripped, you have 4 different workouts in a span of a month, while the Shred only has 3, and thus, more repetitive.

I am now moving on to Body Revolution, and I'm planning to do a before and after pic this time around. Jillian is truly a gift to the world.

PS: There are things that I'm glad I was able to do, but would never repeat in my life, namely: 30 Day Shred Level 2 and Ripped in 30 Week 3.
  • yobro101
    Options
    I just finished week 4 in Ripped in 30. I've lost 18 pounds, 2 inches off my arms, I went from a size 8 to a size 2. It really works!:happy:
  • jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    does anyone have a link on youtube which has this complete workout?
  • jocgre
    jocgre Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been doing The Ripped in 30, and I'm only on week 2 (I've been doing an extra week on it because I haven't been doing it 5 days a week), I don't have time for the meal plan. I'm very busy (single mom, 2 jobs etc.) I feel like I'm getting stronger with some of the work outs, but I haven't lost anything...I'm trying to watch what I eat (some days I do slip), however my portion control is A LOT better than in the past. Should I just be stricker with myself?
  • goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I am doing RI30. I have been trying to complete the whole thing for 3 months! I keep getting side tracked through laziness.

I will keep coming here for motivation.

I am looking to lose some love handles!!
  • Geisha_girl
    Options
    I am currently doing RI30 4x times a week but I have a New Year Goal to start from the beginning and do it properly. Starting Janurary 1st)

Shall we start a group? I am happy to post a topic and we can all write up the days we have done it, helpful tips, motivation and of course before and afters:)

Let me know what you think?

I also feel like theres alot of people into 30DS but not as many on RI30...would love the support X
  • goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    That sound like a good plan Geisha!
    I'm in!
  • missmeee
    missmeee Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I assume the reason why more people does 30 day shred is because it's free over the internet on YouTube, ripped in 30 is not available therefore, you have to buy the DVD
  • deedzzz
    deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I do all of JM's workouts on rotation! I have been doing them since February, basically non-stop 4 or 5 times a week.
    I never followed her meal plans, just eat 1400 calories a day and eat back my workout calories.

I had great results doing my first round of 30 day shred, then i did ripped in 30, i had results, but not as big as with 30ds, but mainly because the smaller you get, the less you lose and the less noticeable the difference will be.
    However i managed to lose 23 lbs only on JM's workouts and dropped 3 pants sizes
  • maralou09
    maralou09 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an awesome result!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!