SNACK ATTACK!

Options
It's that 3 o'clock time of day where I desperately want to go downstairs to Starbucks for an eggnog latte and chocolate chunk cookie (oh hey daily calorie allowance). Anyone else having a snack attack?! Stupid carrots and almond butter- you were not satisfying!

Snack attack mantra: What would the best version of myself do?

Anyone else fighting that feeling? Battle cries?

Replies

• karlospiklington
    karlospiklington Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    The Rocky theme tune defeats all cravings. You cannot eat a cookie while punching people to Eye Of The Tiger. It just cannot be done.
  • LauraEmilyAnsell
    Options
    I am exactly the same!! I start craving sugar around /4pm when my day at work starts dragging. I find I just need something sweet so i have an almond bounce ball or a naked bar. Have something sweet but healthy that you can look forward too.?
  • princesstoadstool82
    Options
    If its sweet you crave , I love an almond spread honey and banana sandwich. .. ;) or yoghurt and tinned fruit :) yummy :)
  • flywithgeorge
    flywithgeorge Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    just about everyday... but I settle for a Venti non-fat latte with 1 splenda... not too bad on calories... and either a dark chocolate kiss, dark chocolate/rasberry ghiradeli square or a rice cake with a dab of peanut butter and honey
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Bananas! Heavy on the carbs, but I usually justify it by the fact that they're quite nutritious in terms of micronutrients too. So good for sugar cravings.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    ...or the tall skinny caramel macchiato is only 100kcals, you know...
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Snacking used to be my downfall. The reason you can't kick the snack attacks is becasue you keep feeding yourself sugar. Sugar is really bad for you. Even the natural sugars in fruits and veggies can be bad if you eat too much. Try watching your sugar intake in your diary for a week and see what has the most and try to reduce it. Also, processed sugar is worse than unprocessed. White sugar is a form of processed whereas Agave nectar is a form of unprocessed. Try eating more snacks with unprocessed or natural sugars in them. Veggies and hummus is a good snack and with the right veggies, it can taste sweet. Berries, grapes, and apples are good snacks that are sweet. Lastly, try packing some cheese (not string cheese) in your lunch bag. Sometimes our body tells us it's craving sweet when in fact it's craving savory. My husband and I buy what we call "munchie cheese" to nibble on during the week. It's the more expensive aged cheddars (usually white cheddar) but we only eat small amounts at a time. I get my snack fix without ruining my healthy eating.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    START MUNCHING ON CELERY STICKS :) lol
  • ciarotheray
    ciarotheray Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I quite often pack my work lunch into two or three smaller boxes, eat the different parts throughout the day. It also helps to avoid the post-lunch sleepy feeling.
    Buying a big bag of small apples or oranges seems to work for a few people I know too. Sugary, but no starbucks!
  • penkwin
    penkwin Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The Rocky theme tune defeats all cravings. You cannot eat a cookie while punching people to Eye Of The Tiger. It just cannot be done.

LOL. I love that!

What about some tea? I have some Celestial Seasonings pumpkin spice tea (yes, I know, I'm drinking the pumpkin spice kool-aid... wait is there pumpkin spice kool-aid?!?) that I put a little honey in. I like the ritual of a nice hot beverage in the morning (coffee) and in the afternoon (tea). Certainly not the same as your latte, but it could help!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    String cheese. Protein keeps me going until dinner.
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Around 2 or 2:30 is the snacking-witching hour for me.

It's far enough after lunch and close enough to going home that my day starts to drag. And nothing passes the time like eating. At least, that's what the old me did :embarassed:

Now, to kill the afternoon boredom, I spend a lot of time surfing MFP forums. I just had some almonds and an apple.

Luckily, I don't work close to anyplace with anything that passes for food. No cafes or coffee shops.

Good thing, I would be there ALL THE TIME :wink:
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I just got some lean sliced ham and rolled it up with cheese in the middle. very yummy!