When People Start to Notice

Options
Yes, it was very exciting when my mother-in-law first started mentioning that she was noticing my weight loss in the early stages, but it becomes even more gratifying when someone NOT related to you notices and compliments you on it.

The other day one of my professors pulled me aside and asked me if he could ask me a personal question. He asked how much weight I had lost recently and I was happy to give him my total. "It really shows! You look great!" That completely made my day!

Replies

• paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I got my first question today at work about my weight loss (outside of people who knew I was working on it). It's so much fun when someone notices - gives you that extra lift! Congrats on your progress!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Aw, that is an awesome feeling, for sure! Good for you!!!!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    That is SO AWESOME! Good for you!

Charmagne
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That is always a wonderful feeling.
  • skinnyack
    Options
    woo hoo!:drinker:
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    People at work started to notice at about 20 pounds, and now that I've lost over 40 and am only about 30 pounds to my goal weight Im getting quite a bit of attention constantly. It has been quite a few years since I've been hit on and it seems to be happening all the time now . . . quite a nice boost to my motivation and self esteem.
    My husband teased me about it yesterday as he has noticed as well.
  • freq18hz
    Options
    The worst was a couple years ago. When I hit around the 30-35 lb mark people started asking me if everything was ok. Turns out the whole office thought I had cancer. Of course when they found out I was fine, they started pushing the cake and cookies on me etc.

Beware of the food pushers...
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    that really is awesome... I can't wait until i can see my own weight loss myself :-)
  • OlenaS
    OlenaS Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    That is great! And kudos on your progress! You've done really well!! I remember when we added each other as friends, that number used to be lower and I am amazed to see your ticker today! Yay! Very happy for you :):)
  • maryellengallagher
    Options
    Congratulations! When I went to see my son recently his mother-in-law said, "My gosh, you've lost a ton of weight!" It does make you feel good that someone notices!
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Awww well done thats great. People have started noticing my weight loss too i think the inches are dropping faster than the pounds. My mother said wow you're bum has shrunk lol she hadn't seen me in a few months.

It's nice that it's starting to show :)
  • Nicolletta
    Options
    Congratulations!

Recently, a coworker said he noticed that I had been losing weight and was looking good. That made my day. :blushing:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!