Drinking

Options
I'm young and enjoy going out for drinks with my friends on a fairly regular basis.. I typically stick with beer vs liquor. Do any of you have any good drink suggestions that won't kill my calorie count for the day?

Also, feel free to add me as a friend, can't ever have too many :) Thanks for your help!!

Replies

• marissaim89
    marissaim89 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/296570-hard-alcohol-vs-beer-calories/

Stick to light beers. I've gone from Coronas to Coors Light.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Personally I would ditch the beer for some vodka or whiskey mixed with diet Coke, Sprite or Dr. Pepper.

Rigger
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    My favorite is top shelf vodka with club soda and a twist of lime. Super low in calories and very effective lol!
  • badgerdh
    badgerdh Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Beer adds up quickly. Light beer is ok but I tend to drink more of it to get my buzz since most light beers have lower apv.

Vodka is fairly low in calories, I mix it with diet soda or tonic.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Not killing your calorie count for the day is just a matter of making room for the calories in whatever you want to drink.

For the love of all that is good, please don't support light beer. :)
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Vodka & water. If you can't handle that alone, throw some Crystal Light packets in your purse and do vodka & water with Crystal Light to flavor it.
  • MizShelle511
    Options
    vodka, soda and some lime/lemon muddled in it ~ very refreshing!!
  • DawnF2244
    DawnF2244 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The best is Vodka with Mio.
  • amwood89
    amwood89 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Vodka lime and soda! Or laffy daffies as we call them in the UK!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I didn't have to worry about weight management when I was young and drunk all of the time! Sorry, no real suggestion other than to get the most bang for your buck? Vodka shots?
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Vodka & water. If you can't handle that alone, throw some Crystal Light packets in your purse and do vodka & water with Crystal Light to flavor it.

The idea of Crystal Light and vodka or any liquor for that matter just makes me sad. :frown:
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Bud Select 55 is the lowest cal beer I can find around here. I like it, but I'm not in it for the alcohol content... I just like to enjoy my beer every night and it satisfies me without breaking the calorie bank.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Light beer sucks, I'd rather drink no beer than resort to bad beer. I would suggest sticking to shots, they're generally low calorie (between 60-70 cals for vodka, tequila etc..) and water between shots so you're not sh1tfaced within the hour. Or flavored vodka and soda water with a lime if you can't handle something like plain vodka on the rocks or bourbon.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Life is too short to drink bad beer. Enjoy a nice craft beer; higher in calories and ABV. 2 average around 300-350 calories. Or drink bourbon on the rocks. Or vodka shots.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    winos can add me
    or heck,,,, just come on over in the hot tub in the swirling snow
    bring a bottle
    its minus 17 right now
    we gotta get warm
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Life is too short to drink bad beer. Enjoy a nice craft beer; higher in calories and ABV. 2 average around 300-350 calories. Or drink bourbon on the rocks. Or vodka shots.

See...Milo knows...vodka shots.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    getdrunknotfat.com

More shots, less mixers!
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Scotch, Scotch, Scotchety Scotch.
  • tfleischer
    tfleischer Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    There is a good Beck's Light beer that is 64 cals. Better than the American low cal beers.
    If you like amber beers, or darker ones, and can find it outside of Texas, try Shiner Light (It is a Bohemian Texan's idea of alight beer, about 110 cals per bottle). You don't feel like you are drinking a light beer, but can't drink too many without blowing your count.

Red wine. About 85 cals per glass. At 4-5 oz. it will take more time to drink than doing straight shots. It will fill you up less than beers, so you might drink more.

Scotch. Typically, you don't put anything in scotch, so the calories are just those of the drink.

Avoid cocktails, with simple syrups, fruits, etc. that are added to the alcohol. It is doubtful that you are going to a bar to get your added fruits in, anyway.

A good idea is a "spacer" drink in between each alcoholic drink. Water with lime, Club Soda and lime also has no calories in the soda. This will also help with drinking too much.

Avoid most of the stuff you can order at a bar in terms of food and try to keep in mind that drinking lowers your inhibits and -- for me anyway -- increases appetite. The food you eat may be more damaging to your weight loss than the alcohol.
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Maker's Mark. All of it.