What time do I eat?

Options
So I have been having a very heard time with getting results. My friend has had a consultation with a nutritionist. She said hers told her it depends on what times you eat certain foods. Is this true? And if so What time do I stop eating Carbs? And does anyone have recipes what should I do?

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I eat when I am hungry. Simple as that.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Whenever you want. The body's metabolism cannot tell time.
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Yup, totally a personal preference. I eat about half my calories within an hour of going to bed.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Meal frequency has no bearing on weight loss..... It comes down strictly to personal preference and what allows you to adhere to your goals that you have set for yourself........ best of luck......
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Meal timing has been shown to be irrelevant.

If you are aren't losing weight, you are eating too much not at the wrong times.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If you are a Gremlin never eat after midnight. If you are not a Gremlin eat at whatever time you want. It is the amount you eat - not the time that makes a difference.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    So I have been having a very heard time with getting results. My friend has had a consultation with a nutritionist. She said hers told her it depends on what times you eat certain foods. Is this true? And if so What time do I stop eating Carbs? And does anyone have recipes what should I do?

Sounds like your friend should look into getting a new nutritionist.

You should be eating whenever you prefer to eat. Whatever fits your schedule. If that means having large dinner when you get home from the gym at 10pm, so be it. The timing is irrelevant for managing your weight.

The key for managing weight is the total number of calories for the day (or for the week, if you prefer) in vs. out.
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options

That nutritionist should be deregistered
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i try to not eat when im sleeping because that just leaves bed crumbs. i also avoid eating in the shower
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    My cousin and I started at the same weight, he times his meals and doesn't eat carbs after 2:00 P.M. He also "eats clean" whatever that means. I on the other hand, eat when I want, including carbs whenever I want, I don't time my meals by anything other than my stomach and when it says "feed me." You can look at my ticker for my success, my cousin, well, at Thanksgiving he was weighing right around 290, he fell off the wagon and gained all the weight back plus 25 pounds because of a strict and boring eating schedule. Meal timing doesn't mean $#!^, and you can eat carbs whenever you want, a bowl of ice cream before bed is good for the soul.

Rigger
  • Palagi18
    Options
    For me, I don't eat after 7p.m.. Anytime before that, have at it...
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Whenever you want. The body's metabolism cannot tell time.

this
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    On two occasions: Day and night.

As long as you're counting calories, it doesn't matter when you eat. It all averages out.

Just to give you an idea, 100 extra calories per day = 10 pounds per year.
    http://www.hughston.com/hha/a_16_2_6.htm

At the same time, make sure you feed your body what it needs. It's a machine and if you drive it a little harder one day, be sure to refuel with some good stuff.
  • lukemcilvenny
    Options
    If you are a Gremlin never eat after midnight. If you are not a Gremlin eat at whatever time you want. It is the amount you eat - not the time that makes a difference.

Awesome '80's reference!