caffeine

Options
Does caffeine help anyone with weightloss like curbing appetite etc or giving them more energy? I find I replace snacks with caffeine and it helps to keep the calories down!

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Caffeine is a stimulant so yes it gives you more energy and can make you feel less hungry.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    It has had no measurable effect on my weight loss.

But I do love it so.
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I don't think i'd ever replace a snack with caffeine, but it's good for an energy boost. And raises alertness/focus. Somewhat mild appetite suppressant for me personally.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    You don't want to see me before I have it in the morning, but it has had nothing to do with my weightloss.
  • plkbplkb
    Options
    Afternoon snack = cup of black coffee. Works for me!
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Caffeine is somewhat of an appetite suppressant. I find that while I am drinking it I don't care about food very much. Might just be because I love coffee, though.
  • mymuffin88
    mymuffin88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Caffeine is an appetite suppressant that is found in many weight loss supplements.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Seems like you found something that works for you, so stick with it. Not sure that strategy works for me though.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Be careful with too much cafeine though, it can give heart palpitations
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    You don't want to see me before I have it in the morning, but it has had nothing to do with my weightloss.

This! :happy:
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm a university student. I drink a lot of caffeinated beverages when I've got assignments. It's does give you more energy, focus and it certainly curbs my appetite, for an hour or two anyway.

This is a nice wee article on the subject: http://authoritynutrition.com/coffee-increase-metabolism/
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I often drink coffee (decaf now I'm pregnant) and I find it does stop me snacking. I'm a teacher, I think it's a prerequisite that we like coffee :smile:
  • karen19711
    karen19711 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Love It, Need It, Have to Have It!!!!!!!! Smile K x
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    I've read in Women's Health magazine that a bit of caffeine in the morning does help! it speeds your metabolism.

Good to know since I drink tons of coffee! lol
  • hopelessbetty
    Options
    I switched from caff to decaff about 18 months ago...and I am still addicted to drinking coffee. I think it goes with the job as a teacher though....after a training session I have a bottle of water followed by a decaff! LOL
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,925 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkpjmJQYIUSbgBja6fyrhRMGaMb7OYxWh9ocHoeT4SOxYhdx6Vfg