How do you control stress eating?

Options
I stress eat...No, I stress binge. In fact as I type I've inhaled a Milky Way and am now plowing my way through a small bag of pretzels all because I got thouroughly ticked off while at work and vending machines are evil, glowing, enablers. I've managed to get the "I'm bored" eating under control for the most part, but when my temper flairs I can't seem to get the desire for an instant fix out of my head. So my questions is for all you stress eaters (I know I'm not alone) What do you do to distract yourself in the moment of feeling the need to stress eat?

Replies

• suzsy312
    Options
    I have also been a huge stress eater before too. i would say that first off, you may want to have everything in moderation so try to discipline yourself into not having a whole milky maybe half. Also exercising and simple things like jogging really get your mind off things so try simple moves at home to relieve stress.

If you happen to crave a lot of food like stress eaters typically do, try fruits. They are just as or even sweeter than candy. People even make fruits more tastier by eating frozen grapes like candy or blending a frozen banana into an ice cream. Simple treats like that wont make you feel so bad. Try your own homemade strawberries dipped in dark chocolate.

Heatlhy options in abundance are always the best.