Best weight loss tips.

Options
I've been struggling to lose weight for a few months now and I've only lost 3 pounds. What are the best tips that have personally worked for you?

Replies

• gwenlindsay
    gwenlindsay Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling; however, I have better results when I drink lots of water
  • focuseddiva
    focuseddiva Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Best tip (not that I follow it very well):

Eat 1400 cals or less each day.
    Move more.
    Rinse and repeat.
  • suzsy312
    Options
    Eat clean and healthy while having what you want but in moderation.
    Drink lots of water!
    Exercise- personally HIIT workouts always proove most effective. They are short but intense and continuously burn fat for the next day.
    Eliminate any refined sugars
    Reduce carbs but dont completely eliminate them.

Just the combination of HIIT workouts and eating clean should get you results.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Calculate your TDEE
    Subtract 15%-20% from your TDEE for fat loss
    Calculate proper macronutrient intakes
    Incorporate strength training
    Drink plenty of water
    Pre-log your food intake whenever necessary to prevent exceeding your calorie goal
  • CiCi924
    Options
    As someone who has also not been seeing a lot of progress in about a month, I found these very helpful. I already drink a lot of water, and I haven't gotten to exercise too much due to my hectic final project schedule, but I will definitely start some strength training again! My goal for calories is 1200 now, but I am not insanely specific in some of my entries, so it gives me some wiggle room so that if I underestimate slightly, I'm still below my TDEE.

Thanks for the tips!
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Eat at a moderate deficit in a way that's sustainable for you.
    Consistently and accurately log everything you eat and drink.
    Exercise for fitness.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Avoid fat-free/sugar-free/diet/lite/no-sugar-added/100-calorie/non-foods. Eat real food. Eat real fat.
    Protein + fat + fiber keeps you full. Aim for more protein and high fiber at every meal and snack.
    Eat fewer calories than you burn each day.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Exercise for fitness.

/thread
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    - invest in a digital food scale and use it for everything you can
    - never go more than 2 days in a row without doing some sort of intentional exercise
    - take your body measurements; when the scale won't budge chances are your measurements are going down
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    1. Eat lots of protein. Protein takes longer to digest and you will feel full longer. It also helps with muscle building.
    2. Eat whole seeds. Whole seeds are complex, taking longer for the body to digest them.
    3. Diligence. You must keep going even when you don't see results for days or weeks. You are still getting healthier, even if the scale is being an obstinate mule.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Exercise for fitness.
    tumblr_mxs1qj4uWt1sj3oxho1_400.gif
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    1. protein. Keeps you full and more satisfied than trying to fill up 100 calorie pack cookies.
    2. Say no to dessert.
    3. Skip the bread and have another helping of meat.
    4. Find an exercise you enjoy.
    5. Be prepared for it to take a long time.
    6. Consistency. You can't eat healthy once or work out once a week and expect it to do anything.
    7. It's ok to go over calories or splurge on something "unhealthy." Once in while.
    8. Bored? work out.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Exercise for fitness.
    tumblr_mxs1qj4uWt1sj3oxho1_400.gif

I agree completely. If you eat at a deficit to your TDEE you WILL lose weight over time. Losing weight alone will not make you healthy. Exercise is important in order to improve fitness and have FUN, not merely to assist with weight loss.
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Without looking @ your food diary & calories burned, you may be eating too much? Weigh yourself daily to make sure you are on track, eat bunny food, protein to equal 1/2 your body weight in grams, & water at least half your body weight in oz. If you are eating too much sodium and/or processed foods & not enough bunny food or water, it's probably just water retention. Eat cleaner & sweat more. HIIT workouts are my favorites!!

Add me if you'd like! :)
  • CubicalF13
    CubicalF13 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Tips i can remember. Apologizes, i may end up repeating something already stated above.

1. Drink 1-2 litres water through out the day, including weekends. ;)
    Drink your water with juice from 1/4 of a freshly squeezed lemon at least 1-2 days during the week as it has weight loss benefits plus makes water taste good.
    2. Eat protein with each meal. It keeps you feeling full longer and it keeps the body from turning muscle into fat. Muscle burns calories even when you are at rest so its important to try maintain muscle composition during weight loss.
    3 Get a digital food scale. Preferably one that has a tare button.(This allows you to eliminate the weight of the bowl when measuring).
    4. Take photos of yourself in the mirror often 1-2 days a week for motivation.
    5. Get a routine going and stick to it. eg mon/wed/fri=cardio training, tues/thurs/sat=strength training. That way you have a clear understanding of the type of exercise to expect each day and so your not missing out on either during the week. Usually takes about 6 weeks to become accustomed to routine so give yourself time to adjust.
    6. Buy a HRM (Heart Rate Monitor). helps gather an accurate reading of calories burnt.
    7. Body Tape Measure.
    8. Mix up your cardio days. It doesnt have to be the same thing every time. Try something else, like sprint training, interval sprint + jogging(2k+), swimming, cycling, hill sprints, cardio circuit like HIITS etc .. Aim for at least 20+ minutes of consistent cardio with little to no rest.

Other non-essential items.
    1. Fat caliper to measure your body fat percentage. You can find charts on google which can give you an idea of the amount of body fat you need before seeing definition/toning in your body.
    2. Protein Supplement. Whey Protein Isolate(WPI). Buy protein that is high in protein per scoop. At least 80 percent. Divide the amount of protein in one serving by the serving size = percentage protein.
    3. A set of resistance bands which include detachable handles. (For those days you can not get to the gym plus they are travel friendly) For strength training.
    4. Door Way Pull Up Bar(for working out at home or in a hotel/motel etc). Strength training.
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Bump