Non scale victories during weight loss

Options
Today I had three non scale victories that I'm so happy about. When I decided to lose weight for good I also gave myself a goal to gain strength and endurance so tomorrow I will do my first 5k and work up to a marathon. In just a couple weeks of walking frequently, my 1 mile time went from 20 minutes to 14 minutes, I can run up 6 flights of stairs without tiring where before I couldn't walk up three flights without breathing hard. Also now I can do chin ups! I didn't have the strength to do a chin up even when I was fifty pounds lighter!I didn't lose much weight this week so it was so encouraging to see I was taking the right steps to be healthier overall.

What non scale victories have you guys experienced?

36530478.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I went down a jean size, still can't do a pull up, but can do 8 girl push ups. I've never been able to push ups, so that is an NSV for me :)
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Great NSV's!

Me? Hmmmm....

The need to move my car seat up
    Not being worried to sit in a flimsy plastic lawn chair
    Having plenty of room in movie theater seats
    Putting on old clothes that were once too small and now they are in the donation pile because they are too big
    Feet shrunk a size
    Completing a half marathon and at least two more scheduled for 2014
    Being able to walk into a store and buy clothes because I like them not because they fit

I know I'm forgetting a lot. :smile:
  • 100toloose
    100toloose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Well I only lost 15 pounds so far.. But, all my clothes for work are getting loose! People I havent seen in a year mentioning,how good I look! my hubby started running again- without saying a word :)
    My 12 year old daughter told me I lost weight!!! I cant wait for more!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Had someone tell me I am tiny. :noway:
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,685 Member
    Options
    I was instructed to stop taking my diabetes meds.
    I can machine bench 3x8 sets at 61 kg on a good day.
    I'm wearing jeans I bought in 2007.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I can fit in my high school prom dress
    I silenced an ignorant nurse who said she's never heard of a woman lifting over 100 lbs (more to it but ya) :)
    I had to get my ring resized because it was too big
    I can do real push ups!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Today I had three non scale victories that I'm so happy about. When I decided to lose weight for good I also gave myself a goal to gain strength and endurance so tomorrow I will do my first 5k and work up to a marathon. In just a couple weeks of walking frequently, my 1 mile time went from 20 minutes to 14 minutes, I can run up 6 flights of stairs without tiring where before I couldn't walk up three flights without breathing hard. Also now I can do chin ups! I didn't have the strength to do a chin up even when I was fifty pounds lighter!I didn't lose much weight this week so it was so encouraging to see I was taking the right steps to be healthier overall.

What non scale victories have you guys experienced?

36530478.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Welcome, and congratulations on your accomplishments.

I can now run at 5.6 up to 6.0 mph whereas three months ago I ran 5.5 or less. I feel great!
  • jazzy377
    jazzy377 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys have had some great transformation moments! I can't wait to lose more and see what other changes take place
  • treefrogkate
    treefrogkate Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Today I found that I was able to sit in an auditorium with my foot up on the seat in front of me and my knee bent to my chest and I was still able to breathe, lol.