Elf on the Shelf

Options
AllonsYtotheTardis
AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
those things are damn creepy.

Also, I want to enter people's houses and randomly touch the Elf, just to watch people freak out.

Replies

• downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    yeah, don't get me started on that one lol
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Compelled to come here; glad to not find an elf. *shudder*
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Those things are so creepy and weird!!!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Do not like. My kids don't have one. I hope to jack Daniels I can avoid those things throughout their entire childhoods.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Yet another "must have" holiday purchase and ammunition in the mommy wars.
  • SueSlick
    SueSlick Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    If this was around when my kids were little, I would probably have one...looks like I dodged a bullet there!
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    In my house we have Daddy's Holiday Vodka Bottle.

It shows up at random places where the kids don't expect it, always filled at different levels (but usually empty). It watches the kids for Santa and if they're bad, it tells daddy what he should do.

Don't tell the kids but every day it's a new bottle! LOL!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    are u listening to xmas music right now> do you have xmas grinches in your house that talk and sing
  • anewlife1980
    anewlife1980 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    oh I love it!! Started it for my kids last year & look forward to doing it every night!! We've been having a blast coming up with new trouble for him to get into!
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    What are they?? I've never heard of this before THIS season... I see them all over the place.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    those little *kitten* are creepy as ffffffuuuu....and i totally don't get it.
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Our elves wrecked the Barbie car. *kitten*.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    We don't have one either.
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    Options
    I don't agree with them at all. I think it's a really bad idea, plus they are creepy! Daughter had one from grandma. Used it one year and said enough.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    He may be creepy, but he's got a present for you

f6c9dece73aa93f9b0038fd632884175.jpg
  • Fishshtick
    Fishshtick Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My wife started in with these last year. I swore off any responsibility for them and am glad I did when I see her scrambling to do something new and elaborate each night. Last night both elves (yes, we have two) were dressed in karate uniforms on a shelf behind my favorite chair, and yes...they can be creepy late at night. I will say that my wife is definitely having fun with it, and it is all based on her deep love of the holiday and our boys, so I don't really have any problem with it. I am perhaps a little concerned that the elves are so over the top they might actually make our boys question Santa earlier than they might otherwise. I tend to think the key to keeping up a good ruse is simplicity and an inability for someone to collect many observations of their own. The elf on the shelf stuff requires a complicated back story and puts a lot of observable material out for scrutinization. Once the elf thing implodes, Santa will probably get taken out as collateral damage. I have similar concerns about attending too many events with different Santas. Oh well, maybe it will lessen the blow if my kids come to the Santa realization through a bit of personal observation and elf skepticism.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I've got 1 but my kids aren't interested. It does help with bribery though! I say the elf is watching & will report to santa.
  • danasings
    Options
    In my house we have Daddy's Holiday Vodka Bottle.

It shows up at random places where the kids don't expect it, always filled at different levels (but usually empty). It watches the kids for Santa and if they're bad, it tells daddy what he should do.

Don't tell the kids but every day it's a new bottle! LOL!

Change "daddy" to "mommy" and you have my house! OMG, twinsies!
  • danasings
    Options

OMG!!! **** in a Box, classic!!! :laugh:
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options

Hahahaha! I'm never getting an Elf on the Shelf!