New to this site

Options
My first day on this program and I need to lose weight. My first reason is for my health and second reason is that I will be going to Mexico after 2 years to see my father. My family always saw me thin and I do not want them to see me now. So, my goal is to lose some weight before my trip in Feb2011. Any advice??

Replies

• SavingKaren
    Options
    Than you DEFINITELY picked the right site!! It is fabulous. My beautiful daughter introduced me to it and after 5 months of doing it on my own, I feel like the support of the program has helped me. Set realistic goals. Actually seeing the calories add up makes you change the way you eat, and that is half the battle. GOOD LUCK!!!
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    OK, its not easy, set up times to workout and stay true to that timeline and start slow even if its just a half an hour in the morning find something you like doing. Don't worry if you can't aford to go to a gym there are lots of other options (I recomend if you have a Wii there are lots of fitness programs that you can't get enough of) but if you don't there is tons of FREE stuff you can do Re: during your favorite TV show when a comercial comes on do jumping jacks next commercial do pushups etc by the end of an hour show you'll have burned hundreds of calories. Diet, some say it's a change in lifestyle but it's a diet no matter what you want to call it. Use the calorie counter here it is AWESOME and follow it. I Try to stay under my limit and it's been working for me. Drink water LOTS OF IT. Most importantly DON'T SPEND ALL YOUR TIME ON THE COMPUTER get out and do stuff.