NSV: 36 inch waist jeans

Options
I got some new jeans today. I'm now wearing a size 36 waist jeans. This is the first time in my adult life that I have ever worn a size 36 inch pants. My lowest was a size 38 when I was 18 years old. I'm in the best shape in my life at 39 years old! At my heaviest, I wore a size 60 inch waist pants (probably needed a 62 inch). I'm hoping to get down to maybe 34 inches and lose a little more belly fat while building more muscle. Getting new skinny clothes feels so good after being over 400 pounds.

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Yay! That is awesome and I am so happy for you!!

Even though I am a woman and my all-time highest was 307, I had a NSV last night of getting into my husbands 36 and 38 waist jeans (he has gone down to a 34). Granted he is a man and much taller than I am, but he's so fit and trim that even the very idea that I could get into his jeans blows my mind in a good way :-)

Congrats!!
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Dude, congrats!

Rigger
  • jdctrumpet
    jdctrumpet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats! I hope to be in the same position some day in the future. The smallest I've ever been since I turned 18 is a size 38 as well...I'm now a 42. 34-36 is my goal.
  • aNewYear123
    aNewYear123 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Way to go !!! You must be on cloud 9 !!! :)
  • keltoi93
    keltoi93 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Well done!

I started as 42" waist and about 5 weeks ago went shopping and got a 34" pair of jeans, but they're already feeling loose less than two months later! 32" would a great size to fit and considering my height (6 foot) Im unlikely to get any lower without being unhealthy!
  • majess1022
    majess1022 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is really impressive! And a good excuse to go clothes shopping :). Well done!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    That is such an exciting feeling! Congrats on achievement! Well done!
  • exercise2day2
    exercise2day2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, I love to hear about other people's successes. Today I am wearing size 10 jean...although they do seem a bit big for a 10, it has been a very long time since I have even come close to wearing a 10; so I share in your celebration - well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!