Insanity Workout DVD

Hey,

So this year ive gone from 16 stone and 4lbs to 14 stone and 10lbs through healthy eating however being 5'6" I still need to shake off another 4 stone and 10lbs!!

Was thinking of doing insanity from January seen as I already bought it. Has anyone had any major success doing this DVD??

Thanks,

Soph

Replies

• AA1ex
    AA1ex Posts: 223 Member
    I love it, my husband got seriously injured though doing it, so be careful. :flowerforyou:
  • I love it. Worked wonders for me. But you have to really try and keep up with it.
  • Didn't lose a lot of weight on it (finished it around May 2013), but my fitness level shot through the roof! Was in the best shape of my life after completing it. Weight has VERY little to do with it.
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    I finished the program and I did NOT lose weight or inches and eat pretty well. I was majorly disappointed. Talked to my beach body coach and added a lot more protein to my diet and started switching off insanity one day and jogging the next...4 or 5 days a week and finally started seeing the scale and tape measure moving. I'm a 45 year old female who is over weight by 20 pounds. I will say I felt better after finishing the program.
  • So far I have done Insantiy for 10 days and I love it! (I'm 206 pounds) I can already feel my body changing. It is hard, but not as terrible as I thought it would be, I can tell that I have improved already :) I say try it, the hardest part for me was to get past the first few days. Good Luck!!!
  • CharlzO
    CharlzO Posts: 96 Member
    I also have to echo, that I feel in better shape after 41 days (til I sprained my knee, dammit ><), even though I haven't lost any more inches. But I've also been told that based on where my weight is when I started, and is now, I really don't have a lot to really lose in the grand scheme. For me, it was more to get more in shape, and get some stamina back, etc. And I can definitely say that I've done that. And obviously everyone is going to have different results. And if you do combine it with other things, I'm sure a lot of great results across the board will be had.
  • Its good to hear most people have had a positive experience with insanity Im definitely going to give it a try! Has anyone got photos or numbers of lbs they lost after doing it?? Need some inspiration lol.
  • I have in the range of 4stone to lose so hopefully for me with a healthy diet the weight should come off!
  • marissa2224
    marissa2224 Posts: 11 Member
    I love beachbody vids. I graduated insanity in June. I don't weigh myself and probably haven't in a year for some reason (I like pretending it's not there probably) , but I did lose 3 inches off my waist! Wish I took before/after pics for a free t-shirt. I completed 7/9 weeks of my second round, but became kinda burned out (or is it burnt out?). It's a great program for improving your fitness. Can't speak to weight loss, but I'm not sure that's what the program was designed for. It does increase your fitness to a whole other level. I could do 150+ pushups in some month 2 workouts. I was going to do the asylum, but I've decided to focus on lifting through the winter, and give it a go in the spring. It can be rough on your body, so make sure to take care of any nagging pain you may experience. I'm not talking DOMS, and they're will be plenty. I'm talking more joint pain or repetitive use injuries. But I will say Insanity is fun, and can be quite addicting. Dig deep :tongue:
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    I'm doing insanity now currently on month 2 week 2 I didn't follow meal plan And from time to time have pizza fast food and chips I know I am prob going to try to follow t the last 2 weeks however I'm down 10 lbs so it is effective even without eating and I have a slow metabolism ,have hypothyroid currently not taking meds and I'm pleased hopefully I can drop 5 lbs before I finish
  • Starting insanity in 6 days ahhhh! Has anyone got any last minute advice lol?
  • cmsmj1
    cmsmj1 Posts: 66 Member
    It is great..but becomes tedious fairly quickly.

No doubt about the fact that it works..but I have never made it to the end as I got bored...
  • anson808
    anson808 Posts: 47 Member
    If you eat right and do insanity, there's no way you won't lose weight. If you didn't lose weight, you didn't eat right.

I really think you already need to be in pretty good shape to do insanity properly and get the most out of it, but if you start slow and modify it'll work. Just be careful. The moves are strenuous and you can easily get hurt if you're not careful.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Starting insanity in 6 days ahhhh! Has anyone got any last minute advice lol?

I didn't have much weight to lose but primarily did it to improve my endurance and fitness level. I lost overall 3 lbs, several inches and my fitness level improved a lot.

Last minute advice:
    -- he stresses form over fitness. Make sure you're doing the exercise properly or you will injure yourself
    -- do not attempt to keep up with them ...go at your own pace
    -- have lots of water easily accessible and a towel ... I have almost slipped in my own sweat.
    -- eat enough or you would not have enough energy to complete the program. The nutrition guide can help with that.
    -- take pics every 30 days. It' a great way to see how your body changes. Unfortunately I didn't take before pics.
    -- have fun :)
  • Roz2889
    Roz2889 Posts: 71 Member
    If you eat right and do insanity, there's no way you won't lose weight. If you didn't lose weight, you didn't eat right.

I really think you already need to be in pretty good shape to do insanity properly and get the most out of it, but if you start slow and modify it'll work. Just be careful. The moves are strenuous and you can easily get hurt if you're not careful.

Echo everything said here. If you eat right don't know how you can't lose weight. I'd tried so many things and because I am already a healthy weight and only wanted to lose a relatively small amount thought it just wasn't going to happen but insanity worked. In month 2 dropped 9lbs in 4 weeks! That's VERY fast for me. Would definitely recommend.

Also I agree you need to already have some level of fitness. I used 30 day shred to get me up to a point where I felt I could start this and give it a decent go. It's tough, doing a 45 minute workout everyday and I had to be quite anti social but it was worth it. Been doing the month 2 workouts since I competed it a month ago and still don't find them boring which is unique for a fitness DVD for me. Good luck!
  • jakeyuma
    jakeyuma Posts: 335 Member

+1

No matter what exercise you do if you don't eat right it is all for nothing. the little bites or tastes throughout the day really add up. My favorite is when someone burns 800 calories on a BB workout then go get a lunch from fast food which is usually way over the calories you burned.
  • Embarnhill
    Embarnhill Posts: 26 Member
    i did about 7 weeks of insanity this past summer...i got lazy and didn't finish :/ but i had good results! i didnt follow the meal plan. i lost 10lbs and TONS of inches!!! hopefully starting it again tonight!
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    January 5, 2014 1:21 pm
    i didnt follow meal guide but cleaned up a bit i did have pizza a few times and had chips with turkey sandwiches but i am glad with the results lost 12 lbs and 2-3 in all around i do have stomach so i got to work on that im looking to see what i will do for that and def gotta commit to better eating i also hypothyroid and did the program without using my meds and it was possible for me to lose weight great accomplishment my doctor let me stay off them n my body didnt argue that choice thats a victory alone i also am on depo shots so i had a few odds against me but i did it !

lol

153174k.jpg

2r56c8n.jpg
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Starting insanity in 6 days ahhhh! Has anyone got any last minute advice lol?

I didn't have much weight to lose but primarily did it to improve my endurance and fitness level. I lost overall 3 lbs, several inches and my fitness level improved a lot.

Last minute advice:
    -- he stresses form over fitness. Make sure you're doing the exercise properly or you will injure yourself
    -- do not attempt to keep up with them ...go at your own pace
    -- have lots of water easily accessible and a towel ... I have almost slipped in my own sweat.
    -- eat enough or you would not have enough energy to complete the program. The nutrition guide can help with that.
    -- take pics every 30 days. It' a great way to see how your body changes. Unfortunately I didn't take before pics.
    -- have fun :)

Wow, I agree with all points.