im already over calories anyway...

Options
....so should I go ahead and eat these last couple of (totally worth the calories) Christmas cookies? or save them to fit into tomorrow's calories and take a chance of going over again by the end of the day cause I ate cookies? I don't eat sweets normally and rarely go over calories. so I figure I already blew the day (I know...bad way to think) but will probably eat normally tomorrow and I might as well eat them now. (or not eat them at all ever...but its christmas!) (and not exercise more cause I already hate it enough)

Replies

• Sarahnade42x
    Sarahnade42x Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    That would be kind of like accidentally dropping your phone and then throwing it against the wall because "it's cracked anyways." I say wait until tomorrow and fit it into your day -- maybe you won't even crave them as much once you've had another meal.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I sometimes log my overage in the next day, I figure it as a weekly goal. A little more one day means a little less the next.
  • Shellz31
    Shellz31 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Eat the cookies if you think you'll just obsess over them if you don't eat them. But remember that the more you go over your calories, the longer it will take to make up for that. If you go 1,000 over, it'll take 2 days of 500 deficit to make it up and break even.

I think if you decide to forgo the cookies you probably should just throw them out and not eat them at all because the way you talk it seems you'll probably go over calories tomorrow too if you keep them.

Just my opinion, do what seems most realistic for you.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Take two bites and immediately throw them in the sink and turn on the water without thinking.

Joking...kind of..

But, for me when I start going down that sweets road I go hard and it turns into a snowball affect, allowing the door open to other not so good things. lol

Now, if I give you permission to eat those last cookies, will you pinky screen swear to do better tomorrow,,,without no incident?

PS,, I'm character and always laughing so I do apologize if I come across too straight forward. lol
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    The thing is that your body doesnt reset at midnight with the clock. Those excess calories still get applied to the hips if they eat into your daily deficit too much. Big picture, going over eating those cookies today isn't going to matter. GO ahead if you want. Its more of an issue if it happens regularly.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Put the cookies down.

Step away from the cookies.

Divide the leftover cookies into SINGLE cookie serves. Bag 'em walk away and look forward to them the following days.

It is the Christmas season and there will be foods EVERY day that will tempt you over. The trick is to pre-plan what you are going to eat that day so that you can fit them in BEFORE you eat them and then they are awesome guilt free calories.

The 'oh well, I'm over anyway' approach to calorie counting and eating rarely works out with a good ending.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    ....so should I go ahead and eat these last couple of (totally worth the calories) Christmas cookies?

Why would you do that?
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    What do you mean the last Christmas cookies? Is Christmas over and there won't be any more?
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Just do what I do sometimes and, charge it to tomorrow's diary. Then remember when you see the cookies on their that you cannot eat those calories because you already ate them today. Subtract the calories. In the past, I have charged food to the next day, if I was seriously craving something that badly. As you can see, it hasn't stopped me from meeting my goals.
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Put the cookies down.

Step away from the cookies.

Divide the leftover cookies into SINGLE cookie serves. Bag 'em walk away and look forward to them the following days.

It is the Christmas season and there will be foods EVERY day that will tempt you over. The trick is to pre-plan what you are going to eat that day so that you can fit them in BEFORE you eat them and then they are awesome guilt free calories.

The 'oh well, I'm over anyway' approach to calorie counting and eating rarely works out with a good ending.

It has worked for me, as I will go ahead and eat a few more things since I was in the red anyways, and then do better tomorrow. Or put it on tomorrow's diary, which gives me less to work with that day. So, it better be something I really, really want to eat.
  • kangaroo33
    kangaroo33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Just toss them! You already know what they tasted like! You already enjoyed them! Why drag it out and on???? Too much work in the end.

TOSS 'EM!

You'll be glad you took "control"!

Let us know what you did/do?

But still, TOSS THEM!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    It's not Christmas. There are two weeks till Christmas so yes it's OK to have a little but no going overboard using Xmas as an excuse just yet :) I have my goodies ready for it including French champagne :bigsmile:
  • GadgetGuy72
    GadgetGuy72 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    STEP AWAY FROM THE COOKIES!!!!!!! THEY WILL STILL BE GOOD TOMORROW......... MODERATION IS THE KEY
    :wink:
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    'Over anyway' doesn't work! But all the cookies count for the week, so eat them whenever you like. Just make sure that every single calorie gets averaged in and comes out nicely for the week. You'll need to fit them in regardless :)

Don't eat them on purpose and try to forget about them. Cheater :D:D
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    That would be kind of like accidentally dropping your phone and then throwing it against the wall because "it's cracked anyways." I say wait until tomorrow and fit it into your day -- maybe you won't even crave them as much once you've had another meal.

exactly. having the mindset of "oh well" is what got us fat in the first place. its your choice. if its too delicious but you already had your portions. Go and brush your teeth then see if you really want some more after that. it works for me
  • kenthepainter
    kenthepainter Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't eat them, the ultimate goal is to maintain a certain calorie count daily, not eating will contribute to your staying power in the long run .
  • deanjou59
    deanjou59 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    The thing is that your body doesnt reset at midnight with the clock. Those excess calories still get applied to the hips if they eat into your daily deficit too much. Big picture, going over eating those cookies today isn't going to matter. GO ahead if you want. Its more of an issue if it happens regularly.

I agree with this.
  • dejamos
    dejamos Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The decision is really up to you (as if you didn't already know that :wink: ). So, whatever you decided to do, just own it and make it work. That's always the real issue for me.
  • esselltee1156
    esselltee1156 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What do you mean the last Christmas cookies? Is Christmas over and there won't be any more?

lol...I had been packing treat boxes and had a handful of odds and pieces that didn't fit...those were the "last" of my baking!
  • Chris_58
    Options