September Wedding!

Options
I am getting married on September 6th and want to look AMAZING! I need to gather as many people around me who will help keep me motivated. Virtual pats on the back are amazing for morale! If you help keep me going, I'll root you on just as hard! What do you say?

Anyone else getting married this September?

By the way, I'm new here. Just joined today.

Replies

• bettermistakes87
    bettermistakes87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be in a wedding in September--feel free to add me :)
  • Melinda1Miller
    Options
    I am getting married next October 4th! Just joined today. Gladly be a friend to encourage. We can help each other.
  • DNHolbrook
    DNHolbrook Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations ladies! Nice to meet you! :)
  • pugsleyjean
    pugsleyjean Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Fellow bride to be here!! I am getting married October 11th, 2014. I am almost to my goal weight hopefully another 7-10lbs and then I will start maintaining. Feel free to add me. Im a big cheerleader to my friends. Best of luck to ya'll :flowerforyou:
  • KayNowayJose
    KayNowayJose Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Congrats girls!

I am getting married in August, you guys are welcome to add me :-)
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm not getting married, but you can add me. I'm all for encouraging your success.
  • DNHolbrook
    Options
    Congrats ladies. Feel free to send me friend requests if I haven't sent you one already!
  • DNHolbrook
    Options
    So far things are going well. Down 12lbs since beginning a couple months ago. Just got a treadmill and have walked 1 mile a day for the last 3 days, threw in a bit of jogging today...just a couple seconds a spurt. Working up to longer and jogging more.
  • hilaria81
    hilaria81 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married June 7 and have been active here for about a month. I wish I had started this way earlier in my engagement, but it's something! Cheering the fellow brides on!
  • notmoonlighting
    Options
    I'm getting married September 20th, you can add me too.
    Congratulations! 7 months to go.

Ordered my dress so the diet got real :)
  • Kari121869
    Kari121869 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You can add me ladies if you want - getting married July 5, 2014. Been on here since last summer and it DOES make a difference. Down 23 lbs (so says the scale) but down from a 16 to a 'snug' 11/12.. word to the wise - don't let the scale dictate what you've accomplished! (I STILL have to remind myself of that every day - especially when it says I'm UP a lb or 2.. damn water retention lol).
    Picked out a dress last summer - going again tomorrow to try it on again and OTHERS that I couldn't try on when I was larger... making THE decision tomorrow for the final one..
  • ReluctantDieter88
    ReluctantDieter88 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    @pugsleyjean - I'm also 10/11/14!
  • sarahjh332014
    sarahjh332014 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello there... Is this thread still going?? Im new to mfp and a September bride. How are all your diets going?? I feel like Im a LONG way off my goal... feels a bit unachievable at the moment. Ive been dieting since xmas, but with little results. And lots of knock backs (various other stuff going on) xx
  • Lissalyon
    Options
    A brides thread!

I'm getting married in September. Too! September 2015.

About to lose 7-10 lbs.

I have time to lose it, put it on again, lose it again.

Good luck to this year' s brides.

Don't worry you will look stunning and your husbands will have eyes only for you.

Those corset type dresses are amazing for pulling in you in and giving you a waist. A friend with very large hips and thighs suddenly realised she was going to be 5 months pregnant on their wedding day.

She wore one of those type dresses which accentuated her waist, hid her troubled areas and her pregnancy.

So, don't worry girls. Don't fret. Do your best and you.ll be fine.

( spoken as an old bride of 62, or is that old bird? )
  • ElizabethAnneLatimer
    Options
    Hello!

I'm not getting married in September but my daughter is, and no way do I want to be a chubbie wubbie around my ex and his whole fam damily. So please add, as...Mother of the Bride! I'm down 26 pounds and have 30 to go! ALMOST half way home.