using mfp to track whilst on slimming world

Options
Hi. I have done mfp for 1 week. I've not been using all my daily calories up and have only lost 1 pound. I lost all my 5 and a half stone of baby weight 4 years ago after having twins and that was through slimming world. Last year my weight crept up slightly and within a week of doing slimming world again I lost 4 pounds. I've decided today that I am going to do slimming world again but use my diet diary on here and under my notes I will note down my healthy extras and syns. Is anyone else doing this too? If so, do your slimming world calories add up to more than your allowance on mfp? I need some advice on how to track on here whilst following the sw diet. Thanks.

Replies

• mistertug
    Options
    A good way to find out is by following your Slimming World plan for a week or so while simultaneously tracking what you eat and burn on MFP.
  • JanineW37
    Options
    Thanks for your advice. That's exactly what I'm going to do.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have done mfp for 1 week. I've not been using all my daily calories up and have only lost 1 pound.

So lets think about this. Continuing with your logic, in 6 months you will be saying ' I have done mfp for 6 months. I've not been using all my daily calories up and have only lost 26 pounds'.

Why do you need to lose more than a pound a week anyway?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi. I have done mfp for 1 week. I've not been using all my daily calories up and have only lost 1 pound. I lost all my 5 and a half stone of baby weight 4 years ago after having twins and that was through slimming world. Last year my weight crept up slightly and within a week of doing slimming world again I lost 4 pounds. I've decided today that I am going to do slimming world again but use my diet diary on here and under my notes I will note down my healthy extras and syns. Is anyone else doing this too? If so, do your slimming world calories add up to more than your allowance on mfp? I need some advice on how to track on here whilst following the sw diet. Thanks.

Losing 1 lb per week is ideal. I wouldn't see a reason to pay for an expensive plan that isn't giving you good habits post diet. It's obvious that if your weight keeps creeping back up, it's because you never learned how to eat. Why don't you just use MFP and not waste your money on slimming world. Besides, there are many knowledgeable people on this board the can set up your calories and your macro's and critique your exercise plan to meet your goals.. and it's FREE. In fact, if you want, you can post your height, weight, age and workout routine and we can take a look. Also, you can improve this by opening your diary.

On a side note, when you went onto slimming world last year, the first week was almost all water. It's extremely hard to lose 4 lbs of fat. You would need to create a calorie deficit of 14,000 calories.
  • JanineW37
    Options
    Yes u r totally right. Guess I was a bit obsessed last week as I had my works do to go to. Thanks for your advice.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Oops, posted in the wrong thread...lol.