=======TOP TEN WEIGHT LOSS TIPS========

Options
1. Don't cut out all the food you enjoy. I like the occasional takeaway, but now I save up calories to have one or earn it. If I restricted myself to just fruit and veg I'd give up very quickly. I also found that I could still eat my favourite foods if I 'tweak' them a bit: low fat cheese, low fat spread instead of butter, light mozzarella etc. Also the best thing I did was get olive oil spray

2.Write everything down. Even (or especially) on bad/splurge days. It’s only if you write things down that you know what you are doing. I’m not saying don’t have the Peking Duck. I am saying, at least know what having the Peking Duck means

3. I find sticking a wedding invitation or holiday photograph of destinations I want to visit in a prominent place in the kitchen. This is a bit more subtle than a fat photograph of yourself and reminds you when you are tempted

4.Use scales in the kitchen - it's amazing how easy it is to deceive oneself!

5.I think it is a good idea to buy some new clothes when you are down a size or two. That way, you are reminded of what you have achieved and not to go back to old sizes. Chuck out the old stuff or give it away.

6.Life is too short so build in treats! Ok my weight loss is nice and slow but I don’t feel like I am on a diet or that I am depriving myself of anything (including chocolate and cheese. Lol!!!)

7.Be honest with yourself. Ok, if you go over the required cals, but keep a record, it's the average calorie intake that matters.

8.It is not rocket science, but I am convinced that exercising is the key to success with sustained weight loss. I try to vary my routine, including the cross trainer and walking regularly, and cycling and swimming occasionally.

10.Don’t ever give up! You are going to get bad days/weeks; it happens! Just get straight back on it and limit the damage.

Replies

• KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks I needed to hear this today!!
  • MrsVerhaeghe
    MrsVerhaeghe Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I think my favorite tip would be to weigh yourself in the kitchen. Lol. I never thought of this before!
  • Kudzu
    Kudzu Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thank you....needed to hear this stuff!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Sooo, where did you get this information from?
  • sblowes
    sblowes Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I think she meant "use kitchen scales to measure your food accurately." But weighing yourself in the kitchen might be an effective deterrent from snacking!
  • lonypony
    lonypony Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Great advice. All of these things are so true. Its not a diet - it is a lifestyle change and for most of us, the way we are doing it is working, so it must be good for us.

Missford07 I don't think she meant weigh yourself in the kitchen - 15electric means to weigh what you are eating :happy: , and yes it certainly does make a difference to your portion sizes
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    What happened to tip # 9?