thinking of starting insanity, couple questions.

Options
Hi guys. As title says I want to start insanity to lose fat/weight. I lift heavy weights 3 times a week and I also play football for an hour once a week which is hiit. Would it be recommended to follow the insanity program while keeping this schedule up? Will I lose a decent amount of fat in the 2 months?? Also not sure wether to start Monday or after new year. I can keep the program going over holidays but calorie deficit could be hard for a few days. Thanks

Replies

• thatch1234
    thatch1234 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Anyone got any experience to share with this??
  • RajK01
    RajK01 Posts: 12
    Options
    I don't have specific experience with insanity but I have tried power 90 and p90x which are from beach body fitness where insanity is from. Their programs are really well made if you follow them properly.
  • chasethesky125
    Options
    I haven't done it yet, but i've done my research! Insanity is a workout exactly like the title says. I wouldn't recommend that you do anything else because you probably won't be able to lol.
    You have to make sure to eat very well because this burns a serious ton of calories and fat.
    Also, this can be really hard on the knees, so be very careful about getting the right form!

Good Luck!
    ~Rose
  • lokepa
    lokepa Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Insanity is cardio intensive... lots of jumping around... so if you believe you need an infusion of cardio into your workouts to drop fat, then it's the program for you. Keeping up the full program while doing everything else you do could be a tough go, but I'd recommend, if you're up for the challenge now, get to it. No need to wait (weight?) until the new year... no time like the present... and, if you don't dig it, you can consider a different avenue for the new year. (by the by... I've done Insanity, p90x; Tapout; p90x plus, to name a few)
  • thatch1234
    Options
    Hey guys, appreciate the replies. I have done insanity before, well the first week anyway. But as said I couldn't keep up my weight lifting program as was too tired. I'm not a lot stronger but still as 25% bf as a 5ft 7 male. Would like this down by at least 5% within a couple months. So if insanity will make this possible with ofc my hard work then I'm game! But if not maybe I should stick to my 5x5 routine?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    that much work is gonna kill you. keep with your normal programming and monitor your food intake to make sure you are at a small (500 calorie-ish) deficit and you will lose the 5% BF that you wantt
  • thatch1234
    Options
    Ok guys. I'll give it another month or 2 and be stricter on my nutrition. If no results then ill start insanity.Thanks for your time guys. While we are at it does anyone have the program for starting strength or an intermediate one? I bench 90 kg 3x5. Deadlift 100kg 3x5. Just to give an idea of where my strength is at.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    It's right here. www.lmgtfy.com
  • kirsteeeeenxo
    kirsteeeeenxo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I literally just finished month one about 10 minutes ago
    I love it, some days when I've been to work and school I can't be bothered to do it after but I push through and am so happy I did
    I didn't really want to lose weight just tone up because I'm quite small anyway
    But it's so good and I can really notice my thigh muscles now
    Even my friend commented on it yesterday
    I'd recommend it 100% but I'd lay off the weights as it's quite draining
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Insanity is quite intense especially in month 2 which I am in. Having said that., you can probably do a hybrid. On your cardio days ...do an insanity workout. I personally wouldn't do both together at the same time since it can be taxing on your body.

I plan to take a week or two off and do a hybrid of p90x and insanity next jan.
  • clodia2
    Options
    I do a workout in the morning with a boot camp four days a week and a Beachbody program in the evenings five to six days a week. It can be done, but you need to really listen to your body as far as nutrition and if you need time to heal. I would recommend using an HRM for all activities to get a pretty precise count on your calorie burn. Doing so much activity could throw you into starvation mode real quick if you don't watch your burn and keep track of what you put in your body. That happened to me and I'm in a serious plateau. I can see definition, but the scale is being stubborn. LOL
  • thatch1234
    Options
    Thanks a lot guys. Hybrid could be a good choice. I don't have a squat rack/stands at the moment. Debating on wether getting that or a hrm for Christmas hmm.