New to this

Options
Hello there. I am completely new to this website and community, as recommended by a good friend of mine.

As a big man I have pretty much always struggled with my weight, as in it seems to take me a lot more of an effort to shift weight than with most people, and yet if I so much as look at a cake or bar of chocolate I put weight on. I'm hoping that the help, and guidance gained in using this site/app will be the help that I need, as I'm not getting any younger and am genuinely getting concerned about my long-term health (despite my Dr's reassurances that aside from being overweight I am perfectly healthy).

It appears just from filling in my food diary for today that part of the problem is that I'm not taking in anywhere near enough calories (in fact from today's food intake I am roughly 2000 calories short), so that's something I shall be addressing to begin with haha. Anyway, nice to be here.

Replies

• kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    you're welcome to add me, if you need a little motivation. I log everyday
  • weirdmommy
    weirdmommy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm sorta new this time too. I'm sticking to it. I find the more I read about other people on here, the more I get on. It keeps me going. Interesting to see how things go from day to day. Hope you do good..it's so hard. But it's nice to know other people are going through it too.
  • BassBunnyManny
    Options
    Thank you, I think I will if you don't mind :) Every bit of help and advice is welcome
  • BassBunnyManny
    Options
    And thank you weirdmommy, I wish you luck with it too :)
  • latepaul
    latepaul Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You can do this. A cliche but a small change consistently over time will show results. That's my experience. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • BassBunnyManny
    Options
    thank you, i think that i will :)
  • akoorn1982
    akoorn1982 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am a newby as well, using the app for 3 weeks now. I don't think of it as a diet but as a change in life style.

You can add me if you like :)