What are your lowest calorie snacks?

Options
HI There,

My goal calorie intake is 1200 a day. This is the lowest a women should take in.
However, i am finding that getting to 1200 without going over is very difficult. Usually, i am around 1250-1300. Since 1200 cals is the lowest number i can i know it's better to go over then be under.

What are your low calorie snacks that you go to when you are close to your daily cals but don't want to go over?
I usually go for an natural/unsweetened applesauce cup at 45-50 cals (depending on brand)

Thanks for reading.

Replies

• jensiegel39
    jensiegel39 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Sugar-free jello with lite cool whip. Or a sugar-free popsicle or fudge pop.
  • rosanna421
    rosanna421 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    veggies and berries work pretty well for me
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    turkey sausage sticks 45
    vitacakes 50 (freezer section)
    weight watcher toffee bar candy 50
    rice cakes 50
    string cheese 60
    sugar free pudding 60/70
    yoplait light yogurt 90
    raisins 90
    fiber one lemon bars 90
    zucchini bread 98
    vitatop muffins 100 (freezer section)
    100 calorie snack packs
    100 calorie pringles
    100 calorie popcorn
    animal crackers
    goldfish crackers
    bananas
    apples
    fruits
    luna bar 180/190
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    veggies
    sugar free Popsicles
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Halo little itty bitty oranges. 35 calories.
  • farberry
    farberry Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I keep fat free yoghurts (activia brand, especially vanilla yummmm) in the freezer.
    Around 60-70 cals BUT they take forever to eat! You have to scrape off layers of icy yoghurty goodness so it takes me a good half hour/45 mins to eat one.
  • ThatOperaGirl
    ThatOperaGirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Frozen berries -- blueberries are my favourite. Often mixed with some Greek yoghurt or cottage cheese.

Carrot sticks with cottage cheese as a dip is another favourite of mine. Roasted chickpeas are really good, too.
  • esselltee1156
    esselltee1156 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    v8 juice/70, cup-a-soup/45-60 (depending on flavor), celery/10 each, grapefruit juice/90, mini dill pickles/5 each, apple/90. unless you need to restrict sodium...then just the apple and grapefruit juice.
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    v8 juice/70, cup-a-soup/45-60 (depending on flavor), celery/10 each, grapefruit juice/90, mini dill pickles/5 each, apple/90. unless you need to restrict sodium...then just the apple and grapefruit juice.

Yoplait fruit yoghurt, it's my favorite!! 35 cals per 100 grams!
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    What about going for a jog and then necking a cheeky quarter pounder with cheese?
  • toomanireasons
    Options
    This time of year I am enjoying Halos...a seedless easy to peel Mandarin Orange they are full of flavor. I too choose Sugar Free Jello, I love Strawberry and Orange and even though I normally don't like "cherry flavored anything" I find Cherry flavor in the Sugar Free Jello is pretty good.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    By the way, why the obsession with so many people going to the absolute minimum calorie intake per day? What did burgers ever do to deserve that?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Air and water.

Seriously

I don't snack...
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    By the way, why the obsession with so many people going to the absolute minimum calorie intake per day? What did burgers ever do to deserve that?

No idea. I would rather punish the burger and eat it than punish myself with no food.