Back on the Wagon (in search of thighs that don't touch)

Options
2»

Replies

• jessspurr
    jessspurr Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hey MFP-ites. I'm returning back to this amazing site and would love some friends for the journey. I just got a new FitBit Force and am pysched to get back to health. Please be my friend! I'm a mid-30s working mom in San Francisco. I dream of a day that my thunder thighs no longer touch. Who's with me?

Oh looky there! OP is psyched to get back to health! OP, please don't be deterred by all of these comments dripping with judgment about your personal goals. You HAVE goals and that is the best step!
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hey MFP-ites. I'm returning back to this amazing site and would love some friends for the journey. I just got a new FitBit Force and am pysched to get back to health. Please be my friend! I'm a mid-30s working mom in San Francisco. I dream of a day that my thunder thighs no longer touch. Who's with me?

Oh looky there! OP is psyched to get back to health! OP, please don't be deterred by all of these comments dripping with judgment about your personal goals. You HAVE goals and that is the best step!

^^ agree 100% and op shouldnt get harped on for her goals and calling someone with a thigh gap unhealthy is rude and ignorant:flowerforyou:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    How about a goal of "health" or "longevity" or just about anything. Seriously. I can't have a thigh gap even if I was about 40 pounds underweight... well maybe that's not you but still. Get a real goal that's not so shallow, meaningless, and maybe even unachievable. Yeah, I'm being "mean". Come on, beautiful ladies (that means ALL OF YOU) let's focus on things that matter! Loving ourselves, appreciating our bodies, looking after our health first and foremost, raising healthy families.... and maybe even working towards doing good things that will make the world just a slightly better place after our short time here is done. :flowerforyou:

Maybe her thigh's rubbing together is uncomfortable which is why she may want to stop them rubbing together.

Nothing wrong with wanting to look better in your own eyes either. It is not meaningless at all. Please do not diminish or belittle people's aspirations just because they are not aligned with your own.

Edited to remove a superfluous apostrophe.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    My thighs touch lol.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I like my thunder thighs and love that they touch.
  • femininecontour
    Options
    Welcome back! I am so happy that common sense is reigning on this board and people are being checked for demeaning your goals and telling you what your goal should be.

The truth is a lot of women struggle with thunder thighs and if you don't like it, you have the right to change it. I particularly dislike when people say they will never be skinny or have thin thighs - because I used to think that way... until I proved to myself that wasn't the case.

EVERYONE can meet their weight loss goals if disciplined enough and if they have the correct knowledge.

For thunder thighs/ thigh gap there are very specific things that you can do and other things you shouldn't do that will hinder your progress. For example, cutting out carbs/sodium/sugar because these things cause water retention as well as gets converted to fat like right away if not burned up.

Stopping the heavy resistance training of the legs - since this just builds the muscles up underneath the fat and fills in the gap. Doing compound movements while working smaller leg muscles is far better. Making sure you get your cardio in - however, not all cardio is created equal. Sprinting = big legs. Walking on a moderate incline = slimming legs. Callinetics is also pretty good for working the smaller muscles in the thigh.

Also, check out the book 'The Thigh Gap Hack' (google it or type http://www.thighgaphack.com in your browser).
    You don't necessarily need to want a thigh gap, you can still apply the hacks to slim down your thighs until you're satisfied. it's a 250 page book that covers diet/exercise/motivational and outside hacks (for those who are already pretty lean up top and don't want to get much skinnier but still want to move the weight in the legs)
  • sissidevore
    sissidevore Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    add me! i want thighs that do not touch as well! i am very small framed, and i am very overweight at the momment, so my goal for the next few months is 30 lbs! welcome back to myfitness and.... you can do it. :) no matter what your goals are, work for them!
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    <---- is in love with her super strong thighs that touch! Husband loves them, too. :blushing:
  • karent24
    Options
    I am already on the journey to losing my thunder thighs and getting my thigh gap back. I am currently using this diet and workout plan:

http://tinyurl.com/how-to-get-a-thigh-gap

I am on my third week and already see great results.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    Here here for thighs that don't touch! Feel free to add me.
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Alas, I was horrified to learn that you only get thigh gap if you have wider hips. If you are like me, short with more butt then hips, no thigh gap ;). But here is to dreaming!! Maybe you have more hips then me!!!
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    i think thigh gaps have more to do with genetics but if you can get that without going to a really low weight than i hope it works out. lots of sexy women with thighs that touch though
  • LifeMadeMeFat
    Options
    hi laura in my late 30's would love for my thighs not to touch . my stomach and *kitten* too.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Welcome back - but don't make "thigh gap" a priority. My personal opinion is that it is overrated and unhealthy.

Work to have a strong body that can carry you through life!

This^^^

I had thunder thighs. They have gotten smaller, but they DO still touch, and I am perfectly fine with that!

11407138003_f6595f7278.jpg
    Untitled by crochetmom2010, on Flickr
  • Jelly_Roll_Patrol
    Jelly_Roll_Patrol Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Here Here , friend request being sent