Greek yogurt

Options
What other good brands sell Greek yogurt that is low fat / 0% fat and high in protein? (other than chobani and fage because they don't sell chobani here and the fage is sold at $11.90)

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure just about any company making yogurt will have a greek variety. Greek will naturally have high protein content.

Try Dannon Light & Fit at 80 calories & 12 grams of protein & 0% fat
    Yoplait Greek has 100 calories, 11g of protein and 0% fat
    Muller (my preference) Corner - 150 calories, 2 g fat, 9 g of protein

You can probably even find store brand greek yogurts nowadays.
  • burtnyks
    burtnyks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Stoneyfield OIkos is good.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Beware of 'Greek style' yoghurt. Usually thick due to fillers rather than straining and hence the protein content is disappointingly low compared to real Greek yoghurt.
  • UCSMiami
    UCSMiami Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Kirkland Greek Yogurt. Plain
  • angelzprophecy
    Options
    yeah, i only eat the dannon lite and fit greek. 80 cals,12g protein, 8g carbs, 0g fat. by far the lowest carb greek yogurt out there and 12g of protein is half a protein shake which is pretty awesome

costs 4$ for a 4 pack for me
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    If you can get it, 'The Greek Gods' brand is awesome.
  • Mchl496
    Mchl496 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan on the Dannon Light & Fit at 80 calories & 12 grams. I get them at target because they have the big serving size versus Walmart which has the little ones.
  • airdiva1
    airdiva1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Kirkland Greek Yogurt. Plain
    I love this brand!
    Eat it plain, with chia seeds, fruit
    very yummy and a great price!
  • chaplainamy1
    chaplainamy1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You could always make your own. It isn't hard to do and there are lots of websites that will tell you how. You can buy a yogurt maker or there are other ways. Then you know exactly what is in your yogurt. I make it and then drain it overnight, that makes it thicker like the greek yogurt, and it makes it less tart, the whey is what makes tart
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    You could always make your own. It isn't hard to do and there are lots of websites that will tell you how. You can buy a yogurt maker or there are other ways. Then you know exactly what is in your yogurt. I make it and then drain it overnight, that makes it thicker like the greek yogurt, and it makes it less tart, the whey is what makes tart

I've been making my own for a few years now. I usually do two gallons of milk a week (I love my strained yogurt).

I researched doing it on my own because I was spending so much money on fage.

I believe what makes it tart is how long you let it incubate. The longer it incubates, the more lactose is eaten up, the tarter it becomes.
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    Both LIBERTÉ (Canada) and Danone Oikos are great!
  • kayla1025
    kayla1025 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yup Dannon Light & Fit is great!!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    stores usually make their own brand which can be more affordable...but holy crap! 11.50 for Fage?!?! what size container?
  • LaLa482
    LaLa482 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    stores usually make their own brand which can be more affordable...but holy crap! 11.50 for Fage?!?! what size container?

My husband eats greek yogurt five days a week. I opt for a local company that makes the real stuff but if I don't make it to their store I sub for Fage and never buy it in individual containers. The large container at Costco is $4.99 and it is 4 cups.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I use fage 0 percent.

Tried greek Yoplait with the fruit but too much sugar content for my liking and can you believe I found a hair in my yogurt when I opened it!? It was engraved in there. Turned me off from ever eating their yogurt again. lol
  • neonstone
    neonstone Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    it's the 100g+ one! kinda sucks because I wanted to try it but it's so damn expensive
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    yeah, i only eat the dannon lite and fit greek. 80 cals,12g protein, 8g carbs, 0g fat. by far the lowest carb greek yogurt out there and 12g of protein is half a protein shake which is pretty awesome

costs 4$ for a 4 pack for me

^^^This! Thought strawberry was my favorite, 'til I recently tried peach!!! OMG!!! AHHHHMAZING!!! LOL
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    If you can get it, 'The Greek Gods' brand is awesome.

^^^This^^^ I love Greek Gods Honey Vanilla -- and unlike other Greek yogurts mentioned *ahem* Chobani *cough cough* they don't use GMO's
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I make my own. You don't need fancy gadgets or anything special. A gallon of milk... Any % of fat or fat free ... Mason jars with tight fitting lids... And a cooler large enough for the jars to sit in and incubate. Google making yogurt in a cooler. Easy... Delicious and cheap! I buy Greek yogurt to use as my starter... Cost maybe a dollar on sale the price of a gallon of milk... = a gallon of yogurt. Just don't use ultra pasteurized milk. Good luck ... Worth the half hour of actual work ! ;)
    Ps.... You can make flavors too. ... Sweetened or unsweetened with Sugar or substitute.