But if weight loss is about deficit and calories in to calories out

i would like to see some stories

pls see i am only 15 kg over weight and another 5kg for goal weight

Female--20--5'4

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    You dont need to exercise to lose weight.

Get your diet right first.

Exercise will undoubtedly help you look and feel better, but do not rely on it for weight loss.
  • 00NL
    00NL Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    would like to see some examples for motivation =)
  • 00NL
    00NL Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    No one hates exercise :(
  • squirrel1691
    Options
    I actually can't work out really right now due to some medical issues. I lost almost all of my 22lbs since sept 5 without exercise. So... there you go. My food diary is open if you want to take a look.
  • Puffingmuffin
    Puffingmuffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Diet is more important than exercise. The old saying goes "you can't out-exercise a bad diet". When you first decide to lose weight, changing your diet will make you drop pounds. However, if you want to get toned and avoid the skinny fat look, you then should exercise. I have lost 15 pounds within 6 months through no exercise and just cutting out:
    - weekly tubs of 1 litre ice cream
    - chocolate bars
    - sugary desserts and drinks
    - high in fat products (coconut milk)
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I did'nt start exercising (walking) until after I transitioned into maintenance.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I did'nt start exercising (walking) until after I transitioned into maintenance.
    Same here. I lost 50 lbs. once without exercise. In some ways it simplifies things. You don't have overestimating your burn, 'eating back', muscles retaining water and making the scale stall, and making a few lifestyle changes at a time might mean you're more likely to stick to it than when doing one giant overhaul all at once.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I really do lead a sedentary lifestyle because I am car bound 8 - 10 hours per day then sat in front of a computer doing paperwork for another couple of hours with most of exercise coming from walking around the supermarket cooking and some cleaning. I know that I will have to get some proper exercise one day but do very little at the moment as never seem to have a spare minute to myself at this time of year.

At 125 days in I believe that I am doing quite well on 99% calorie deficit and perhaps 1% exercise
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I've read that it is 70% food 30% exercise.

I personally like adding the exercise in, it's amazing how it can transform your body shape.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    Options
    You are going to end up skinny-fat if all you do is eat low cal and don't lift. Truth.
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Does running and weight training count as exercise? If they don't, I'm definitely a success story!
  • shaneamckinney
    shaneamckinney Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love exercise, but it's NOT essential for "weight loss", it's essential for body contouring, stamina, etc.

I personally feel it's 80% food intake and 20% exercise.

Anyone can achieve any weight loss goal they put their mind to, seriously any, regardless if it's healthy or not --- simply maintain a calorie deficit as you stated. I would however suggest goals be set less defined by body weight and more defined by desired overall body. Weight is misleading for the simple fact muscle weighs more than fat. Setting a goal of a certain body fat percentage might be a better idea. My 2 cents, best of luck.
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I HATE to exercise, but I do it - why, cause I don't want flab!! I actually lose slower when I exercise because I am trading some of my fat weight to muscle weight and as muscle is denser than fat it takes up less space so I am SLOWLY losing. I have lost before without exercising and I have been loose (flabby) hate that more than I hate being fat! - so there you have it - and I repeat, I HATE TO EXERCISE
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50+ pounds and counting mostly without exercise. I did get a little more active in daily life, but not very much.
  • katznkt
    katznkt Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I've lost most of my weight from diet alone. But I've found the more I lost the better I felt and the more I wanted to move. So I listen to my body and have recently added exercise a few days a week.
  • Bobbie8786
    Bobbie8786 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I don't really exercise and have lost steadily without it. However, I do know it would be in my best interest to include it in my daily routine for better overall health. My mother lost 40 pounds with zero exercise and has kept it off for about 20 years now, so yes, it is definitely doable.
  • Beverlyyj
    Beverlyyj Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new, I just found this part if the site today, I am not an exercise fan, but I am desperate to lose weight. Where can I view your menus or your diet items? Thanks
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I've lost quite a few lbs in the last 7 weeks. I don't know how much is contributed to exercise. However, I do enjoy the feeling I get on the elliptical while listening to Joe Satriani through my headphones ;-)

I was getting to where it was hard to walk even a half of mile because the extra weight was hurting my back as I walked. Just after a few weeks, losing weight and exercising, I feel so much better when I walk now and I look forward to going on long walks and hikes next Spring here the beautiful PNW where I live!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Hi Beverly and welcome. Many people have their diary settings as "public", so you can see each day what they are eating.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    You are going to end up skinny-fat if all you do is eat low cal and don't lift. Truth.

I just ended up skinny :smile: My profile picture was take a few weeks ago, Before I started my strength training. There's more pictures of me here towards the bottom of page 2. Again-no strength training at this point, just some walking and a bit of running (2-3 miles a week), and being in maintenance for a few months.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1105598-bodyfat-estimation-thread?page=2