Activity Level: How active am I really?

Options
Im so confused about the whole Activity Level thing.
I dont walk much throughout the day, since I havent started my new job yet.
So most I do is walking through the house etc. That would be classed as sedentary, right?

But then I have an elliptical in my room, which I use at least 4 or 5 times a week for about 60 minutes.

Does the fact I work out a lot affect my activity level or does it only refer to normal daily activies like work etc?
I always add in my work outs and get the extra calories from MFP. But if the exercise affects my activity level, I'd have a
higher TDEE, right?

So far my settings are on Sedentary, and MFP gives me 1410 maintainance calories plus about 360 from exercise.
But if my activity level is actually higher, I'd get more maintainance calories...?

Is my thinking right or am I confusing something?

Long story short: What would you guys say is my activity level? Not walking much during the day, but working out 4/5 times a week à 60 minutes.

Thanks in advance!! :)

Replies

• RangerRN507
    RangerRN507 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I think your overthinking it...obviously your not in the very active category and yet nor sendentary so just throw it somewhere in the middle I dont believe it would effect things too much so I would just set it to moderate
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Don't include exercise that you're going to log separately. That would be counting it twice. I'd say sedentary or lightly active, but it really depends on how much you move.
  • frazzlecg
    frazzlecg Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    ^^ What Ranger said.
  • JRKWebb
    Options
    Don't over think it. Each activity level adds 170 calories which is little. I log substantive exercise separately. I try to walk for 30 minutes a day in total and I'm quite active in the kitchen cooking. This comes to about 170 calories, meaning I factor it in as lightly active.

Sedentary is literally nothing,. You sit in an office, walk to your car, then largely sit around at home. It's used as a baseline. Workout and be honest with yourself, how active are you really? Most importantly, try different levels. If you can't gain/ lose weight at a certain level whilst logging food, you're probably being dishonest and need to adjust.