Any tips for a large appetite-

Options
2»

Replies

• _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily follow this, but the 5:2 diet might work. The only reason I say this is I've gone through a few stressful weeks recently and there were days I hardly ate a thing. (No, I don't suffer from an eating disorder). I find that the next day my stomach feels like it shrunk and I'm not as hungry. Could just be me though.

There are a lot of low cal vegetables like people previously said.
  • watto1980
    watto1980 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    From my experience, I would try to eat as clean as possible. I know there are people that argue that you can eat what you want so long as it fits your macros and I agree with that.

But, for me personally, if I eat processed foods like oven baked pizzas and pies (within my macros), for some reason I get really hungry - really fast. I can easily eat over 3000 calories a day on those types of foods and still be hungry!

But when I eat cleaner types of foods like fruit, yogurt, nuts, fish, red meat, chicken, pasta, rice etc I find it much easier to stick to around 2500 calories a day and I don't feel hungry.

I am not sure why that is but that's what works for me, so it might work for you too.

Otherwise buy a lot of celery lol
  • Emilie04444
    Emilie04444 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    From my experience, I would try to eat as clean as possible. I know there are people that argue that you can eat what you want so long as it fits your macros and I agree with that.

But, for me personally, if I eat processed foods like oven baked pizzas and pies (within my macros), for some reason I get really hungry - really fast. I can easily eat over 3000 calories a day on those types of foods and still be hungry!

But when I eat cleaner types of foods like fruit, yogurt, nuts, fish, red meat, chicken, pasta, rice etc I find it much easier to stick to around 2500 calories a day and I don't feel hungry.

I agree with this. I also think that the processed and convenience foods have so much more calories it just doesn't make sense. And there are a lot of flavor additives, things to make you eat more or get hungry sooner. I never realized this before but you are right. Eating clean foods consistently fills you up but it can also help with cravings as well.
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    IF works for me. When I eat, I can eat BIG. I've never been a breakfast person, anyway.
  • jenbob21xx
    Options
    thanks everyone x
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    When I first started, I was hungry ALL the time. I drank water, which helps a little, and I do agree with the PP that said to eat your nutrition- protein, veggies, fruit. I ate my meals, and then found veggies that I liked, and just filled up on them after my portion was gone and I was still hungry.

The only other thing I did that worked was to try and distract myself for at least an hour (doing the dishes or other cleaning always needs to be done at my house) and then have another glass of water, before having a SMALL snack. That actually allowed me to eat less over time, and the cravings subsided slowly, when I was getting enough of the right nutrition.
  • CloudDogS
    Options
    If you can find the slimming world diet useful? I ate a lot and still lost a lb a week for 6 weeks on that, then have up finding it too slow, which it wasn't really :)

Thing I find most helpful ? Not being on the worst if the weight gaining meds options, and failing that accepting that you have to restrict big time
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Eat plenty of protein and fat to feel satisfied between meals, and fill up on heaps of vegies. Cutting out processed foods, that are fever ally calorie dense, and swapping for fresh produce will mean your portions get bigger! :)
  • MeredithDeVoe
    Options
    This is where I'm at today. A week in and I was hungry ALL DAY. Ugh! But, I did pretty well considering. I'm hoping that will change pretty soon!!
  • sammi674
    Options
    Maybe try iced tea? I gave up diet soda and drink about 16 fl oz. of unsweetened tea with dinner, and water the rest of the time. I use to have a very large appetite, but it's a lot more manageable now, and I really think that's because of the tea. Plus, it's full of anti-oxidants and doesn't have calories if you don't add anything to it (though a little lemon wouldn't hurt). Good luck!