Maintaining 125 pounds lost~

Options
I've posted my story here before but wanted to update since the last time I posted was in July! I'm still maintaining my weight loss and wanted to post some new pictures, documenting my journey.

For all who never saw my story the first time.. I'll do a brief 're-do' of it. Though, it's changed a bit since I found out one of my health issues was a misdiagnosis.

I've always had weight issues.. from as long as I could remember. Looking back on photos from my childhood I could see that I was never "normal" as far as weight and I was on a constant roller coaster going up and down, but always was on the bigger side despite the fluctuations. I was content though. I may have been a "chubby" 170lbs (5'7) girl most of my adult life, but I was fine with that.

After having my son I discovered I had something called Grave's disease. It's an autoimmune thyroid disease. I had my thyroid removed shortly after.. and that's when the weight went up rather quickly. My endocrinologist didn't check my labs often enough.. I had a TSH of over 60 by the time I found myself a new doctor. At that point I was already at my highest weight. During that time I also was diagnosed with idiopathic intracranial hypertension, thyroid eye disease, and fibromyalgia. (the fibro was a misdiagnosis, the real DX is listed at the end of the story).

After about a year with my new doctor my levels finally got to an "acceptable range". I started slowly going to the gym.. elliptical was the only thing I felt confident on. I hit a plateau and got myself a personal trainer. Learned a lot from him and stuck with him until I felt confident to continue on my own. I used myfitnesspal to track my food/exercise, a polar ft4 heart rate monitor to track my calories burned during exercise, and eased myself into running with a good c25k app. I ended up with a huge passion for running and I run 5ks as much as I can. Planning on training for a 10k soon...ultimate goal is to run marathons! I've lost 125lbs and I'm at goal. Size XS tops and size 0-2 jeans depending on the brand.

I haven't been running lately and I miss it. I hope to get back to it soon. I was recently diagnosed with undifferentiated connective tissue disease and I may have Lupus (labs are still being worked on, first set of labs showed some markers for Lupus). I still refuse to let it hold me back from my goal of running a marathon one day, but I am giving my body a rest because the medication they put me on for this is kind of kicking my butt! Anyway, Thanks for listening to my story! Here are some pictures! :smile: :heart:

"No matter the medical crisis, no matter the battle that I fight within myself, I know that I'm far too strong to be conquered~ I'll never stop fighting to live & never stop loving myself." - Running_Spirit

452e6628-9774-4e9e-a474-05578a549fee_zpsc79299c8.jpg

fat_zpsab6c87aa.jpg

406103_440974429268568_1123449152_n_zps31adb0bc.jpg

ab3a2b87-b50f-4ad0-814c-4f1fe406eff9_zps333b1200.jpg

30344_506195026079841_197545846_n_zpsa408baa7.jpg

wl3_zpse690feac.jpg

wl2_zpse352eb99.jpg

(GOAL - most recent pictures!) ♥

fb1_zps9940b5b2.jpg

o3_zpsfd6c40fb.jpg

o1_zps38fe773a.jpg

Replies

• ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Whoa! Congrats on maintaining but that transformation is amazing.
  • Running_Spirit
    Options
    Whoa! Congrats on maintaining but that transformation is amazing.
    Thanks! :heart:
  • lau444
    lau444 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    For you to be able to stay so focused through all of your medical challenges is a testament to your strength. Congrats on your success and I wish you nothing but the best!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! :flowerforyou:
  • missnelso04
    missnelso04 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    So awesome!! And your legs look amazing!
  • addean1
    addean1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    wtg! You look great!
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look amazing!!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    you look frickin amazing. and my goal is to lose 125. so thanks for posting this. you rock. that is all.
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO - GREAT!
  • hastingsmassage
    hastingsmassage Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You are a star
  • missmeee
    missmeee Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just wow
  • Running_Spirit
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :heart: :smile:
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    You look stunning! Sorry to hear of your medical troubles .I, too, have an autoimmune disease...rheumatoid disease. I'm lucky, my diet change has helped tremendously with my disease activity.
  • 78carriejohanna
    78carriejohanna Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing
  • blakeevan04
    blakeevan04 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sooooo inspiring, wow!!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing! I hope you sort out your medical issues soon. No fun :(
  • bbubb1
    bbubb1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    So very inspiring!!!! Thank you for sharing!!!!!
  • Running_Spirit
    Options
    thanks everyone! :heart:
  • Lifeisgood4
    Lifeisgood4 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Thank you for sharing! You are an inspiration :smile:
  • bakingforlife
    bakingforlife Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    amazeing job,if it ends up to be lupus rest when needed eat right .get your self a good upto date book on lupus...eating the proper food is important .i have lupus and had lupus since 13 now in 40s,almost in fiftys learned alot from new book..and has changed every thing .. you have this no problem !!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!