Which Leslie Sansone dvd's to buy?

Options
I have 50+ pounds I am wanting to use and due to my epilepsy am limited to the kind of working out I can do. I was doing zumba for a while but I kept having seizures, falling and busting open my head. I have discovered this Leslie Sansone but am completely new to all her stuff and work out dvd's in general. I have read other post on here about her and am confident I can loose weight but I am unsure which one(s) I should buy at first. I want to buy one and if need be a second one. What is the title of the ones that will help me loose weight? And how many days a week should I do it? Ig someone has their own routine with her they do please tell me about it! Thanks!

Replies

• Amestris
    Amestris Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I just discovered that several of her videos are available on YouTube. I'd suggest checking them out there if you haven't already purchased one. Good luck.
  • KBP1025
    KBP1025 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I started out with the free youtube ones. I finally bought the "Walk Away the Pounds" on amazon. It has 4 different workouts and I like that. Depending on what kind of time and motivation I have that day, I can pick a 1 mile that takes 18 minutes, 2 miles (30 minutes), 3 miles (51 minutes), or 4 miles (1 hour). Hope this helps.
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have the ``walk away the pounds`` 1 mile and 2 miles and it`s soooooooooo boring! Basically marching in place for 30 minutes or so. Better get outside and get some sun if all I want do is walk.
  • KBP1025
    KBP1025 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is a lot of "walking" in place, and yes, I'd rather walk outside whenever possible too. However, I live in the Midwest & it's gotten pretty cold out. My philosophy is when it's so cold out my eyes water & I'm shivering the entire time, it's time to pop the DVD in. It's also nice on rainy days. I can only dream of a place where I can walk outside year round :)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    ETA: did not read the OP before issuing my standard snark so I didn't see the bit about the seizures. my apologies.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    ...Just go outside and walk? LOL I never knew they did DVDs where you stand in place and walk? Is this for real? :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Usually, I'd be with the others in regards to just going outside but I can understand why the OP doesn't want to due to her epilepsy acting up right now.

But, there are much better exercises to do then a walking video. Have you considered some form of resistance training? What about TRX Suspension training or bodyweight routines? For bodyweight exercises, check out You Are Your Own Gym, Nerdfitness, or Convict Conditioning.

Also, OP, exercise is great for fitness but weight loss is dependent on eating at a calorie deficit. If there are times you can't exercise, don't worry about it. Focus on just eating at your goal.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    None...u can find them all on YouTube. Or most.
  • Casstevens133
    Casstevens133 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    As others have suggested - save your money and look her up on Youtube - I do her walks regularly and I find them really good. Good luck:-)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    To others: Epilepsy is no joke, lost a coworker because of it. All he did was take a shower. Please don't consider OP lazy in any way for taking care of her condition.

OP: I agree with others, you can find lots of those online as well as some workouts on bodyrock.tv or YouTube. I used to keep weights by the couch and just do reps with them while watching TV. I noticed definition even if it was just, in my mind, goofing off on my down time.

It is mostly about your food intake, so plan ahead whenever possible. Take care and good luck.