Been Tracking since November and still nothing.....HELP

Options
Hi Everyone,

I have been faithfully tracking since the beginning of November and am still not seeing any results. The first two weeks I saw some weight loss but after that I gained weight! I got a fitbit and try to walk 10000 steps a day and I do weight lifting 2x a week for 30 min. I am much more active than I have been in a long time and have been watching what I am eating making sure I am staying within my calorie range. On normal days I try to eat about 1370-1400 calories and on days that I am lifting eating about 1600-1700 calories. I just really don't know what I am doing wrong that I am gaining weight this soon in the game or staying the same. I am about 206 now and I want to get to about 150/160. I should be seeing some weight loss each week....any advice is helpful...I made my diary public.....please help....feeling very discouraged.

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Well, the most obvious choices would be either you are eating at maintenance or you are measuring inaccurately.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    In the past 2 weeks you've been over your goal alot of the days.

Also, how are you measuring your portions? It looks like you're using spoons/cups, in which case you're probably eating more than you think.
  • pinky6767
    Options
    For me personally. I wouldn't allow more calories because i worked out or exercised. I'd try to stay consistent either way, and i would try to cut down on all the bread . You seem to eat quite a bit . e.g.. on subs and stuff. Maybe less processed foods ? eat cleaner, mostly fruits and vegetables. Not sandwiches. Hope this helps. Drink more fluids too.
  • jensiegel39
    jensiegel39 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    It seems that you are skipping meals and eating more calories than you are allowed per day. If you want to eat more, I suggest you burn more calories and do some cardio in addition to the weight lifting. Look at what people on here who have lost are eating and doing. That helped me. I joined in the beginning of November, although I'd been eating healthy and exercising a week prior, and I've lost 18.4 lbs by trying to stay under my calorie goals, targeting my problem areas (carbs and sugars) and really exercising every day. I burn an average of 600 - 1000 calories a day at the gym, riding my bike and doing Zumba. And it's working. So, perhaps step up the exercise. I also lift every other day for a half hour or more. And I do the lifting before my 40 minutes to an hour on the arc trainer /elliptical because I was told this burns more calories.

Good luck! I know you can do it. It's about experimentation until you find what works. I was stagnant with my weight loss the first week or two, struggling with the same few pounds, until I figured out how to eat better and the exercises that would burn the most calories. Give some other options a try. There are many ideas on MFP!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    In the past 2 weeks you've been over your goal alot of the days.

Also, how are you measuring your portions? It looks like you're using spoons/cups, in which case you're probably eating more than you think.

yup, This ^^

Here, this is really helpful:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/872212-you-re-probably-eating-more-than-you-think
  • jensiegel39
    jensiegel39 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I second having a food scale and measuring accurately. That really makes the difference. You probably are eating more calories than you realize!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I also suspect inaccurate logging. In the few days I looked at I see restaurant food every day, sometimes more than once, which means inaccuracies (restaurant cooks are not weighing out ingredients more often than not). I also see one day incomplete. Are you entering your own recipes using the recipe builder? Don't use the generic entries from the database if you can help it. They likely don't use the same ingredients as you do.

Read the link cmriverside posted for more info on accurate logging.
  • scasey26
    Options
    Thanks everyone...I'm going to try to play around with it and see what happens :)