Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

NROLFW at home substitutions

Does anyone have suggestions for substitutions for doing New Rules of Lifting for Women at home? I cannot afford a gym membership. I have resistance cables to do rows with and i have a bar and dumbbells but I'm not sure how I can do the pull downs. I only looked at the first stage so I think the only workout I will have trouble with is that one. I also don't have a bench but I thought I could figure something out. Thanks!

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    You can get a pull-up bar for your door and do pull-ups, or - if you can't do those - negative pull-ups. I'm surprised the book doesn't tell you this.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    maybe you can work around the pulldowns by putting up a chin up bar and using resistance bands to compensate for some of your body weight and do assisted pull ups instead
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    You can get a pull-up bar for your door and do pull-ups, or - if you can't do those - negative pull-ups. I'm surprised the book doesn't tell you this.

pullups are in later stage.
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Meshashesha20 thank you very much, that just gave me a great idea! I can put my bands in a door frame and close the door! I know I will need a pull up bar later but we can't afford one yet.
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    There is an at home substitution in the book for the Lat Pulldowns. It involves lying on a bench with barbell or DB above your chest and lowering them down behind your head...can't remember the exact details but its described right after the lat pulldown exercises in the book.
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Thanks! Guess I need to reread the book!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Use your resistance bands to assist you in pull ups. Here's how:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93gNrOhy5KU