any older people out there....I am 60+....?

Options
Are there any members out there that are my age? I have made good progress by keeping a diary with MFP....Sometimes we really underestimate the amount of food we consume! If I can tone my trouble spots, I will be a new me....happy with results after only 2+ months....11 pounds. I don't expect to look like a 30 year old, but more pleasant when buying new clothes. Happily, my clothes are getting baggy. Also, medically speaking, I want to have healthier lab numbers. Luckily, I have no serious medical problems. I'll post pictures, eventually, to show my progress..

Replies

• CoachLeah1965
    Options
    I am only 48 yo BUT my mom is 71yo! She started a serious fitness program about a year ago and now lifts weights 3 days a week and no longer has to take her blood pressure medicine. There is no question nutrition and fitness will make a difference!

Good for you in taking control of things! :-)

Leah
  • countrydiva58
    Options
    I'm 55 going on 56 in February. Like you I don't expect to look any younger but am tired of what menopause has been doing to my body. I have tried other programs only to gain it all back and then some. I am new to MFP at the suggestion of my holistic health coach (yes, I got desperate enough to hire one of those), and so far this is the best thing that has happened to me. I have been on this only 2 days and learned a lot as to why my scale has not been heading down like I want it to in weight. After one day I straightened things out and on weighing in this morning to peek I went down 2 pounds. That made me happy. I am now motivated to do this after realizing how easy this is, and the database is phenomenal. No more counting points, no more eating program foods. I eat what I want but now with awareness. :flowerforyou:
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Not quite 60 yet. Although some mornings..... Well anyway when I was at 360 lbs. I felt like a Lab. Rat. Medications for this and that. Ultrasounds, M.R.I.s for this and C.A.T. Scans for that. I went all the way down to 190 lbs. and during my loss the need for medications went away. Stayed at 190-195 for about 1 1/2 years. Since last April I have been gaining a few lbs. but losing inches here and there. I'm not trying to look 30 but I,m in better shape than my adult kids and most of their friends. My Fb friends from when I was in the Navy say Tim you haven't changed a bit, how do you do it? I just shrug it off and say I just eat right and exercise. I don't tell them everything. I keep to the old saying. " My life is an open book, with a couple of pages stuck together. lol. Remember we don't stop moving because were old. We get old when we stop moving.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I am 70, and have discovered a lot from this web site,, weighing food & counting calories does work, not an easy journey at times
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    61 female here! You can add me if you have an open food diary and give as well as receive support
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,754 Member
    Options
    Are there any members out there that are my age? I have made good progress by keeping a diary with MFP....Sometimes we really underestimate the amount of food we consume! If I can tone my trouble spots, I will be a new me....happy with results after only 2+ months....11 pounds. I don't expect to look like a 30 year old, but more pleasant when buying new clothes. Happily, my clothes are getting baggy. Also, medically speaking, I want to have healthier lab numbers. Luckily, I have no serious medical problems. I'll post pictures, eventually, to show my progress..

Check out 60 years old and over group, lots of us in there.
  • WorkenAtIt
    WorkenAtIt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm here. 62. No big issues, just trying to stay healthy, watch what I eat, keep the bodyfat % down. Glad to know there are some other grownups around.
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are both 58. seems to be working for us.
  • shaplebound
    shaplebound Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am 63 years old started MFP in Jan. of 3013, wanting to try to shed some weight, after losing a daughter in law to a massive heart attack at the young age of 39, and very overweight, and a trip to visit my friendly Dr. was told I probably should start taking high blood pressure pills as of rising blood pressure, and in the second sentence he said or, you might want to try to loose a few lbs. that may help... I went home and decided I really needed to do this and thought about it very hard, one of my young ladies that is an employee of mine told me about MFP, and GUESS WHAT, it was the BEST thing ever. I set my goal to loose 35 lbs, after loosing that much, I thought that really worked well for me so I changed my goal again for another 25 lbs, AND Again, and again, Now with a loss of about 90 lbs. I feel really Great now,so much easier to move around and do things I like to do, Most of all, ALL of the Great support and compliments I receive almost daily from my customers, family and friends... And a BIG plus is I have gone off my antacid medication, my tums, didn"t think I could ever live without them, my blood pressure is normal now, It IS really amazing what eating healthy and wisely can do for your health.... The people on MFP are wonderful support, I also belong to the 60 and over group, Please feel free to add me as a friend. So Sorry for getting carried away with my reply BUT I really believe ANYONE can do this weight loss journey, if YOU set your mind up to do it..... By the way it's been 2 years since my son lost his wife and on Sept. 5, he got remarried to a great lady, and proud to call her my daughter in law, and a mother to my sons 2 children ages 14 and 3....
  • JaniceCunningham
    JaniceCunningham Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm 62 and enjoying MFP. I joined in November 2013. I have decided that this is my lifestyle now. I would like to live not only long but healthy. Send me a post any time.
  • maryp1024
    maryp1024 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 and this plan works for me. I took a break recently because of surgery but now I'm back. I have only 6 pounds to go for my first goal weight then I'll try for another 5. Add me if you like! I live in south Louisiana. :)
  • Candiedginger
    Candiedginger Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 64 and I love this site. It keeps me motivated as I can see just what that extra glass of wine will do if I drink it. :laugh: My problem is keeping my body moving. I hope to bring excersise back into my daily life.
  • scotsmist
    Options
    Hi there, after a long spell away from this site I hope to mend my ways. My problem is comfort eating the least thing and I look for food. Any help and advice welcome. I enjoy cooking and swapping recipes(healthy ones) might help. I have a good exercise bike so no excuse not to move even in this bad weather.