Protein

Options
New to MFP - every day I have seem to go over my suggested/goal for protein - common for anyone - any suggestions?

Replies

• hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    For me, mfp's protein target is a little low. My doctor likes me to eat more protein. You can adjust it under goals if you like, or just ignore the mfp number. Good luck on your quest for better health!
  • camillejaneims
    Options
    thanks and look forward to talking to you more

-camille
  • jjsleeper
    Options
    Protein intake during weight loss is very important!! It keeps your body from attacking your muscle mass so that it goes for the fat deposits instead. a rule of thumb for men is to intake 1 gram of protein per every pound of body weight per day. For example, a 200lb. man should take in 200 grams of protein per day.
  • tater8589
    Options
    Protien is def needed. the goals here seem low to me, I tend to not worry if I go over my protien goal. I personally like BSN syntha 6 protien, its a lil more expensive but tastes better, smoother and doen't have that "protien" after taste. the best time to have protien is rigth after/during weight lifting, when your muscles are craving it to rebuild (you'll absorb more of it), or right before bed when your body will do a lot of its repairing, plus if you tend to wake up hungry this will help. I know many people tell you not to have anything before bed... well when you sleep your body is on a 'fast' from food and can eat your muscles instead of fat. Also, the more muscle you have the higher your metabolism will be... the more fat you will burn. Anywho, to each their own, do what works for you... but thats my 2 cents worth. :)
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Thor's man says he's bringing 4 dozen eggs and cans of tuna :(
  • camillejaneims
    Options
    thanks everyone...