Advice on toning up?

Hi! Im new here. If anyone wants to know more about me, i posted on the introduction board.

I am skinny, but not toned. Im not looking for a victorias secret body (because lets face it, id have to work out HARD to get that, and im just too lazy and not looking to set extreme goals right now!) Im currently 118-120 pounds and 5'5-5'6, not sure which. Im looking to lose a few pounds (I want to be 110-115, just for personal reasons and a little wiggle room) and tone my legs/butt up mostly, but also my stomach. Im going to start going to the gym with my sister, but im not sure what machines to use for a beginner. I was thinking treadmill just to tone up my legs and get my heart rate up, but does a treadmill really tone? How long will it take? I have never exercised for longer than a week. I have no motivation and I hate it. Of course im not going to go to the gym and then load up on junk food.

Oh also, whats a good diet plan? Just stick with a normal, low cal, lots of fruits and veggies as snacks diet? Nothing special? I would like to eat healthy to improve my self worth and my attitude towards life. I literally feel like **** about everything right now.. Depressed with no ambition :(

All replies are appreciated!

Replies