whats wrong with me?

Options
its been 20 since i started my diet program, initially i lost 4 lbs but now not even 1/2 lbs losing i am very strict in my diet and at least 4 days workout, i am not expecting to lose my goal weight but atleast there should be some difference in the weight,where i am committing mistake ,can anyone give some idea. my goal weight 155- current weight 174.

Replies

• snowangel1975
    Options
    First: Are you drinking your water?
    Second: Are you watching your sodium intake?
    Third: Are you making Healthy food choices?

Drinking water flushes out your body of Sodium.
    Sodium inhibits weight loss, it actually makes your body retain water. Which of course makes you weight more.
    Try Eating Protein for supper with a big salad. Salads are easier for you to digest. Protein keeps you feeling fuller longer. Stay away from Carbs after 6pm. It's working for me.

Give it a try.
  • sblowes
    sblowes Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Lots of water is a great suggestion.

Sounds like it's time to switch up your diet somewhat. Either go up or down a couple hundred calories. Or cut out a large percentage of your carbs. It's just for a couple of days, and then get right back on your diet. It's to shock your metabolism, and get you past this plateau.
  • rai8759
    rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    What are you doing to work out? A lot of weight lifting/strength training might mean you are building muscle which weighs more than fat. If this is the case increase your cardio. Even if its not all strength training and just doing the same workout over and over try something new to challenge your body in a new way!
  • rai8759
    rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    You may also want to keep track of body measurements. You might be changing in your waist size but not your weight.
  • Luv2bme
    Options
    Definitely make sure you are drinking at least 8 glasses of water per day... If you are exercising and eating right, then you may just be gaining muscle, in this case, pay more attention to your measurements than what you see on the scale... I have been seeing a nutritionist for the past year and since I started seeing him I've lost 70 lbs... The one thing he said is the closer you are to your goal weight the harder it is to lose... He wants me working out at least 6 days a week for at least 45 minutes each work out, and to eat no more than 1300 cal. a day (5 small meals every 2-3 hours)... It really works for me when I stick with it
  • snowwhitesha
    Options
    mind blowing to see these sincere replies thanks for all,
    about watere intake - i never calculated how much water i am taking, i will keep this in count.