What do I need to know about 30DS?

Options
Until now all of my workouts have consisted of walking/running. I think I want to add to the mix. I'm going to continue my morning workouts at the gym. I'm thinking of adding 30DS to my nights. Where do I begin? Where do I get it? Do I need anything to do it?

Replies

• sammyantics
    sammyantics Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    the first 10-day routine is on youtube for free.. that's as far as I got cuz she started to annoy me by the end of 10 days. :)
  • april1445
    Options
    You can get it free on youtube--level 1 at least--there are 3 levels. I'm sure it's on amazon too if you wanted to buy it, or you can subscribe to befit.com
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I just recently tried it but had to stop due to my bad knees. I stuck it out a few days, just hoping my legs would adjust but with torn cartilage...it didn't happen. If your knees are not problematic...you'll be fine. I'm still considerably overweight and I had no trouble doing everything else. It was just my knees that were the issue.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I got it at Walmart. Start out with 5 lb weights if you can. Most people do it every day but I did it 3-4 times per week but did each section for 2 weeks. You will feel sore at first.

It is a pretty effective introduction to light weights and body weight exercises and once you do it, you will be in better shape for the next big thing. It's a good stepping stone.

Try to do each workout without stopping. Just do what you can. It will get easier. There are modifications for most moves.

It's really not that bad but Jillian's coaching makes it seem like the most brutal thing you will ever get though.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    just two dumbbells maybe a mat if your working out on a hard surface. the dvd is cheap 10 bucks i think it could be lower
  • SlinkyAndHerAmazingBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Until now all of my workouts have consisted of walking/running. I think I want to add to the mix. I'm going to continue my morning workouts at the gym. I'm thinking of adding 30DS to my nights. Where do I begin? Where do I get it? Do I need anything to do it?
    Amazon sells it for £5. You'll need some dumbells weighing 3, 5 , or 8lbs.
  • brit__2006
    brit__2006 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You can get the dvd at walmart for less that $10. You will need dumbbells, depending on where your starting strength may lie. I would get 3-5 lb dumbbells. I used 5 lb, but some exercises made my shoulders hurt with those so I would use my 3 lb dumbbells. I did each level for 10 days and then moved to the next level. I think I took 1-2 rest days the whole period. I'm not 100% on that. I also used a foam mat for some of the moves like planks because I have hardwood floors. I didn't lose much weight, but I lost a lot of inches and felt myself getting stronger through the whole thing. Jillian does get annoying because it's the same workout every day for 10 days, but I just made fun of what she said or would say what she was saying because I about had it memorized. Everyone is a little different on that. Level one may or may not seem hard, but try to get through the whole thing before you decide if it's for you or not. I know my perspective on the whole thing changed tremendously as the days went on.

Good luck!