What a downer!!!

Options
So...a little over a month ago I broke down and bought a cheap scale. I have scale anxiety so I was trying to avoid this purchase at all costs! Anyways, I weighed and it said a certain weight...about a week later when I got onto it, IT BROKE! What a drag right? Well, my loving husband said he 'fixed it' and when I weighed a week or so later there was a signifigant weight loss that had occured! I didn't believe it, so I made him weigh and it turned out correct! (or so I thought...)
I was over the moon excited, so I went and bought a nice digital scale. When I stepped on it, I was completely off. Like 20 lbs off. I had still lost weight, but not the original amount I thought I had! I was seriously frustrated! I returned the scale...lol

For awhile I was pretty upset with myself, but I kept on trying to eat right and I'm hoping when I finally break down and weigh again it will make me feel that happiness that I first did.

Just thought i'd share!

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    that is a downer,. But all scales do not weigh exactly the same, so if you are always using a different scale to weigh on it is hard to know how much you really have lost.You should take your measurements that will give you an acurate reading , I am happy to hear you are losing
  • The_Wallflower
    The_Wallflower Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Normally, I don't weigh at all, but I just felt encouraged so I got a nice scale.. probably the WORST thing I could have done. LOL.
  • gertiegumdrop72
    Options
    Scales are the bain of our lives!!
    Why do we care??
    If we loose fat and our jeans are looser, falling down..that is succsess..measurable accurate succsess.
    If our scales say we have lost 3lbs we say YAY ME!!...but where has that 3lb come from? Water loss? Muscle wastage? Be honest..do we care if it is wibbly butt fat or big poop? NOPE..slimming clubs certainly don't. Many times I have gone to a club and not eaten before weighing, used the bathroom, done anything I could so that I got a clap and a well done..it's rubbish!

Ask yourself this...if you lose 3 dress sizes and look amazing would it really even matter what the scales say??
    If you can weigh and see each 1lb loss for exactly what it is and isn't and you can mentaly handle it great...if not and the bathroom scales cause you negative psychological impact THROW THE DAMN SCALE AWAY. You will soon know how the weight loss is going with or without standing on them.

Choose 1 pair of tight/non doing up pants and use those as a judge, or better still a measuring tape and let's all stop having a bad day/week because of a little water retention!
    Good luck!
  • The_Wallflower
    The_Wallflower Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I agree. Thats why I ended up getting rid of BOTH the scales.. I'm tired of it making or breaking my mood. I know inside i'm doing better, and I see it in pictures (which btw I am SUPER glad I started taking at the begining of this journey..it has helped a LOT).

The scale is the reason I have failed in the past, and I will NOT let it get me this time. Even if it takes me years to lose this weight I wanna do the best I can in those years!

Rachel